Do you ever feel that you'll never find anyone as good as your ex?

It's been a little over a year since I broke up with my ex, and I'm definitely over him. I do see him every now and then, but every time I see him, I don't feel anything like I used to. However, every time I think about the past, I feel nostalgic, and I can't get rid of the feeling that I may never find someone that made me feel the way he did. I'm glad the relationship is over and I definitely don't want him back, but I think about all the good times and know that he was unique. He was my first bf and we were friends for 6 years before going out, so maybe that's why I feel this way.

We dated for 2 years. He would text me all the time, tease me all the time, loved to cuddle, would spend ample amounts of time with me, take care of me if I was sick, would randomly show up with chocolates or whatever, always helped me out with school work, came rushing to help me if I ever needed his help, told all his friends that I was perfect for him...and all that good stuff. He would often cancel plans with his friends just to spend time with me. Our sense of humor was very similar too, and it always seemed like he completely understood me. He'd take even the smallest of my achievements and compliment me profusely on them, so when something good happened to me, he'd show more excitement than anyone else. He talked about a future with me several times too. As the relationship progressed however, he would start arguments for no reason, and at the very end he almost cheated on me with my best friend. It's why I broke up with him.

I don't miss him, but rather I miss the feeling that I had back then. I'm kind of dating someone right now, but it's just not the same. This new guy is really nice, intelligent, good-looking and definitely loyal--he's never cheated before, whereas my ex has cheated on a few of his past girlfriends. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to feel for him the way I felt about my ex.

Could this be because my ex was my first bf? Is it really possible that I may never feel so strongly again?

strong-hearted

I feel the same way

tho my x broke up with me, we were together for two years we spent a lot of time together, I would even spend the weekends at his house, it was just too good to be true but when we would argue I would stay mad at him for a few hours and he would tell me if it didn't stop he was just gonna leave and not care any more, well he did but the thing is that just like u said, I don't want him back I just think about all the good times we had and it just makes me sad cuz I just thik I will never have that with anyone else, like I also think about how we first met and I'm just like omg I wish I could have that again but after what he did I immediately go back to being angry at him. he broke up with me about 2 months ago so I would say the cut is still kinda fresh

disneyfan90,

I think this is the clue here

I don't miss him, but rather I miss the feeling that I had back then.

And this is why some of us hanker after our "exes", because we want to be in the situation again.

Things will get better, you will meet someone else, you will fall in love again - trust me.

He's an ex for a reason, remember that, and what he did.

As the relationship progressed however, he would start arguments for no reason, and at the very end he almost cheated on me with my best friend. It's why I broke up with him.

If you don't think you could fall in love with this new guy then let him go. It isn't fair to lead him on.

Maybe you would be better spending some time alone working on yourself, rather than dating again?

Good luck.

• Like 2