Ex wants me to suffer I'm sure of it

Agirlcandream

Ex dumped me after 6 years of being together, 2 weeks later surprise he has someone new! Which I have totally accepted and I have respected . He constantly bad mouths me on social media and rubs this new person in my face like it's so constant I'm trying to better myself and focus on myself and moving on and this just feels like a blow to my face. I have never responded to his comments about me or have ever posted anything bad about him or his new girl.

I have seriously told everyone who asks me how I feel about it that I wish him happiness and her as well that i wish them both happiness. He has changed everything about himself including his best friends he pretty much dumped us all. I really have kept quiet and not really expressed how I feel about him attacking me or putting me down on social media but this is getting a little too much and too painful . I haven't been snooping through his things we seriously have so many mutual friends and my friends tell me which I just asked them to not tell me anything else .

I really wanna get better an get over this the right way it just seems like this puts a hault on me . It's very painful it's very real it was 6 years he could at least respect what we once had and not talk about me it's only been about 2 months since we broke up.why does he feel the need to bring me up and show his new girl around if he's so happy now?why the need to throw jabs at me and seriously go out of the way to rub it in my face of how good he has it with her now ?

And no I did not cheat or do anything to deserve this in any way. She is also not that it matters completly differ from me in every single way.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

This is why you go blind on social media. You do not need to give him a tool to hurt you. Block him and don't follow him on anything. If he can't see you and knows you aren't seeing him, he will get no satisfaction from it. Cut him off completely now.

why the need to throw jabs at me and seriously go out of the way to rub it in my face of how good he has it with her now?

You are right...if he REALLY had peace within himself about everything, then he would have absolutely no reason or cause to be doing what he's doing. His behaviour/actions would indicate that he is trying to prove to himself "how good" he as it now. And, you are right...how his new g/f is does not matter and makes no difference to anything.

For whatever reason, it does seem that he is looking to get into your head and/or your thoughts...it is only if you do not let him, that he will fail, miserably, to achieve his aims, goal, objective of 'making you suffer'. He does not seem aware that you cannot suffer from HIS crap if you refuse to allow yourself to suffer from his crap.

You have already asked them, but your friends are not doing enough to keep you from knowing about his current life, and insulate you from whatever he is saying and posting on his media. Ask them to please be more vigilant when they are with you. If they persist with telling you things that you have expressly said you do not want to hear, then you may need to reevaluate that particular 'friendship'.

singsparkles
Ex dumped me after 6 years of being together, 2 weeks later surprise he has someone new! Which I have totally accepted and I have respected . He constantly bad mouths me on social media and rubs this new person in my face like it's so constant I'm trying to better myself and focus on myself and moving on and this just feels like a blow to my face. I have never responded to his comments about me or have ever posted anything bad about him or his new girl.

I have seriously told everyone who asks me how I feel about it that I wish him happiness and her as well that i wish them both happiness. He has changed everything about himself including his best friends he pretty much dumped us all. I really have kept quiet and not really expressed how I feel about him attacking me or putting me down on social media but this is getting a little too much and too painful . I haven't been snooping through his things we seriously have so many mutual friends and my friends tell me which I just asked them to not tell me anything else .

I really wanna get better an get over this the right way it just seems like this puts a hault on me . It's very painful it's very real it was 6 years he could at least respect what we once had and not talk about me it's only been about 2 months since we broke up.why does he feel the need to bring me up and show his new girl around if he's so happy now?why the need to throw jabs at me and seriously go out of the way to rub it in my face of how good he has it with her now ?

And no I did not cheat or do anything to deserve this in any way. She is also not that it matters completly differ from me in every single way.

Agirlcandream,

If you don't mind me asking, when you two broke up, was it mutual? And what was the reasoning in breaking up? Was there a hostile tone or no?

I can totally relate to your situation with an ex trying to make your life a living hell. The answer to your question is NO, he is not over you. If he was over you, he wouldn't be rubbing this in your face and would prob go out of his way to hide it. The fact that he finds it funny to throw this in your face, especially two weeks after, shows he has serious issues or felt some type of way when you guys broke up, that maybe he never told you and you never knew about.

If it was his choice to breakup, he's just being a complete idiot.

I went through the same thing. When me and my most recent ex broke up, he bad mouthed be ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA... but then he came back to me weeks later saying how he never felt about any girl the way he did about me. It's an immature behavior and he is coping with the loss of your relationship in a horrible way. You're doing the right thing by focusing on yourself and moving on.

If he keeps doing this to you, is there any way you can block him? I think that would really help. He is only trying to destroy you and your heart and you DON'T DESERVE THAT!

He made his bed by going out with a new female and now he can sleep in it. It isn't your fault. He probably feels like an idiot. This obviously is a rebound relationship as it sounds he is not over you at all (because you are obviously on his mind) and he jumped into this relationship way too soon. It's definitely a rebound... but he's been very immature about his feelings towards you and obviously hasn't been able to be straight forward about them which shows immaturity.

I say block him in every which way, don't look at his social media, and don't respond to his rude tactics, as he is only trying to break your heart and hurt you in a way that he is obviously hurting (and is unable to communicate with you about) ...

You're the bigger and better person. Don't worry about what he has to say because you know who you are and his opinion doesn't matter. Let him keep looking stupid by doing what he's doing!

xx

I don't really understand how this doesn't make you feel like you've dodged a bullet. Can you imagine living with someone like this? It would be hell.