Silence broken

So I posted about two months ago about a guy who basically disappeared from my life. I was devastated and heartbroken. I really felt something real with him. It truly felt different. Even though I have thought about him quite often, I have moved on and been dating again. I'm in a good place and feel more confident than ever.

Today, he finally reached out to me via email asking me how I was and how my move went. I want to respond because part of me does still miss him. But the other part of me doesn't think it would be good to respond. I am conflicted because I really thought I wouldn't hear from him again. Do I even respond?

Sounds like you like him way more than he likes you. It's no skin off his back to be casual with you, so that's what he's doing it. Some guys get off just pretending to have a number of girls to talk to. I think since he's hurt you once and since you've done a lovely job of moving on, you should just block him.

I've mentioned on here in the past about being in an emotionally/mentally abusive relationship. I struggled with my self esteem and self worth once it ended. I was told that nobody would ever want me, and I believed it. It's been 4 years since that relationship and I've dated a few guys here and there but nothing ever lasted. Mostly because of my own insecurities. Despite seeing a therapist and telling myself that I am worthy of love, sometimes I still feel like I'm not good enough.

The above was posted by you in August.

I suggest you ignore this guy and keep moving on. If you engage with a man that didn't have the decency to treat you right or consider your feelings when letting you go, you do yourself no justice in preserving your dignity and self-respect. If you want to work on your self-esteem, stay away from men that treat you this way.

Remember - you teach people how to treat you.

Guys like him treat women like you as options. Appear and disappear whenever they please or whenever they need a bit of attention. If he never had any issues dropping you like a hot potato, you should have no issues ignoring someone that treated you that way.

After disappearing, do you think assclown even apologizes when he shows up out of nowhere? Nope. Nothing in terms of addressing how he treated you. La de da like nothing ever happened.

You need boundaries, OP. Behavior you will and will not tolerate. You lack it.

He's casual about you. You're are not. Stay NC and keep moving on with your life. Break the cycle.