The Forehead Kiss?

What if you see an ex, hangout to catch up, and you have been trying to be friends for months...

and at the end of the evening they kiss you on the forehead?

(woman speaking of a man doing this but either way I would be curious as to the meaning)

Well first of all it's not a kiss on the mouth.

I think the forehead kiss can be a genuine sign of affection......... as opposed to love ...... more like how he could greet his sister or a close female friend.

I also think some guys can use it a bit too much as they like the image it gives of themselves- something like ...Look at me I'm such a tender guy and I still remain special to all the gals I've known.

I think it depends on his personality

I wouldn't read much into it - but I understand that after him doing that it's easy to get your brain in overdrive and maybe try to figure out something from nothing.

From your post I understand that you (not you both) have been trying to remain friends for months - maybe take some space for yourself if you are not fully over him yet ?

This would save you the energy of second guessing and help you to move progressively towards the guy who will give you a full mouth kiss and you will have absolutely no need at all to decipher it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Perhaps I should have added this was after some innocent flirting-- poking/hand touching.

Also, we have both been trying to remain friends.. not just me (and it's my fault we're not together..)

It's a bit of a condescending gesture usually bestowed on a young girl by an older male.

It conveys kindness & some level of paternal / fraternal love but not romantic love at all.

• Like 2
evanescentworld

I don't think you should be fraternising with this ex at all. You're canoodling into dangerous waters, and frankly, I see a FWB-waterfall situation looming on the horizon, which may take you over the edge and into chartered waters you've already sailed through, even though that ship has now sailed.

If you get my drift(ing)....

• Author

Interesting. I read elsewhere that it's a sign of extreme admiration, or desire to protect, a more significant kind of feeling/love.

evanescentworld

I hate to confess it, but if a guy kisses me on the forehead (and we're not in any kind of relationship) it is the case that I find it patronising.

• Like 1
  • Author
I hate to confess it, but if a guy kisses me on the forehead (and we're not in any kind of relationship) it is the case that I find it patronising.

I guess depending on the situation I could see this. It was more of a hug with a kiss on the head. Based on the conversation we had I took it as more of a nice gesture than him trying to be patronizing but I guess I wasn't sure what men in that situation intend with a forehead kiss... I cant recall ever getting one from someone whom I wasn't dating/or a parent..

By kissing you in that way she is indicating that she likes you and is fond of you but in a completely non-romantic way, like a "brotherly" love.

haha you really are trying to find every reason to leave your boyfriend arent you?. if depends on the person. i can kiss a girl on the cheek as a greeting. if i kiss someone on the forehead it to me feels more like something i do to someone i love. that doesnt mean its the same for everyone. and it doesnt mean we all feel the same when someone does it to us. i guess it can make the girl feel small and protected in a way. if you dont want to work on your relationship then do him a favour and break up with him.

evanescentworld
haha you really are trying to find every reason to leave your boyfriend arent you?. if depends on the person. i can kiss a girl on the cheek as a greeting. if i kiss someone on the forehead it to me feels more like something i do to someone i love. that doesnt mean its the same for everyone. and it doesnt mean we all feel the same when someone does it to us. i guess it can make the girl feel small and protected in a way. if you dont want to work on your relationship then do him a favour and break up with him.

If you read the original post, she's clearly referring TO AN EX-BOYFRIEND...

She's not talking about leaving anyone....

Simon Phoenix

It means familial, platonic love and isn't remotely romantic at all. It also means that you shouldn't be hanging out with your ex, especially if you are trying to overanalyze something like that. But in general, the higher up your head a kiss is, the less romantic/sexual the meaning is.

If you read the original post, she's clearly referring TO AN EX-BOYFRIEND...

She's not talking about leaving anyone....

and if you read all the other threads you can see what im talking about

evanescentworld

I prefer to stay on-topic, as going O/T and referring to other threads can get a gal into trouble.

She said. ;)