Domestic Violence Accusations

Where i lived is a very small town, literally everyone knows each other and everyone knows each others business.

I was in a relationship for 2 years with a girl and she was a nightmare it turned out. Controlling and abusive, she would hit me, even more when she was drunk (also her mom, her sister, her ex bf she pushed down stairs).

We broke up because i found out she cheated with one guy but now i still get people coming up to me in clubs saying how much she cheated on me with different people.

Everyone found out how much she cheated and hated her so to get back at me she decided to spread round that i used to beat her constantly and decided to take photos of when her mom gave her a black eye and when her dad gave her a bruised arm from grabbing.

I dont live in that town anymore, i live 100 miles away with work, but my current partner does and all i hear back from this place is about how people are telling this current gf all the lies that my ex is pumping out. Now living 100 miles away i can't say anything back but its just huirting me and turning all my friends against me!

What the hell do i do here?

Tell your current partner the truth about what happened in the past & how your EX is a manipulative liar. Having met you, your partner should be able to ascertain the truth

• Like 1
  • Author

She knows, but it is more that my reputation will be ruined. Lose all my mates and lose my gf if enough people tell her and she starts to believe maybe its true.

This girls mates all told me i was a perfect bf, my 3 long term exes have always come begging for me back saying they didnt realise how great i actually was. I dont want that reputation ruined by false lies and i dont want to walk down the street when i come home to be looked at and excluded.

Record with exes: 1 - Left because at 18 she felt that the relationship we had was to intense and serious and needed to get away because it scared her ... 2 - GIGs and it took her 3 months to come crying, begging and sending me gifts etc ... 3 - Left for an ex that she had GIGs over but realised grass really was greener with me and came begging back.

You said that you were from a small town. That tells me that people know you and know the caliber of person that you are. They're not going to believe her stories. Remember actions speak louder than words. If she trying to sell this bruised arm and black eye pic, people are going to think back to your relationship with her and won't recall anytime you were abusive towards her or won't recall a bruised arm or black eye while with you! And frankly, that would be totally out of character for you. HOWEVER! They have seen her at the clubs and getting with random guys, even while dating you. So, who are you going to believe?

Laugh it off. The most important thing for you is to ensure that your current girlfriend believes you.

• Like 1

That sucks that both of her parents beat her.

I hate hearing things like that but she's a messed up girl. I doubt that people will believe her.

And if they do they aren't people you really should be worried about. You should try to care less about what people think.

You know the truth and your GF knows the truth and anyone that matters will seek out the truth for themselves. Forget about the rest.