Guys: After you breakup/lost interest, what makes you come back to an ex

I am just curious if a guy who had already lost interest in a girl can regain interest in her again. If yes, what are the reasons: appearance, better personality, better status in life? or just plain couldn't find anyone else out there?

I hate to use this as a way to get a guy or anyone to come back but if you are trying to get a guy to come back then another guy is the way to go. Then appearance along with that. If you start to look a little better and date other guys and he still doesn't come back then it's time to give up. Most of the time a man cannot handle seeing his ex with another man. It will put feelings in him that he didn't even know he had.

Ok so you want him back. Why. He's not interested in you. Believe him when he says he's not into you. I had a guy friend cheat on his girl for a year and then said I'm sorry I've lost interest.. And the poor girl didn't even know.

I hope your not that girl who's this blind. If you are it's fine.. Because here's the girl version I got. "I love you but not IN love with you". It all means the same thing I'm not into you and I wanna find someone who is a lot more interesting to have lots of sex with. I'm no expert but I can guarantee that's what I'm not interested/ I lost interest means.

Ok now here's what you do. You sleep around, gain some Sexperience and then put it on him. When he comes back lonely you make him surprised at how INteresting you have become. see what I'm saying here? It will take a change so drastic that you lose yourself just to please someone who doesn't even care about you?

You must want to change to be a better person FOR yourself. Whatever it is you are lacking use the time away from him not to focus on HiM and how he can want you back, but work on yourself and attract the right guy to appreciate you.

I know you want someone to give you hope of him coming back.. And he'll say wow your so sexy now! your so fit! or give such a great bj or etc etc etc.. Whatever it is.. Imagine the new improved version of you. Looking into the eyes of the same guy who had to nerves to tell you you're uninteresting. Can you trust he won't find you disinteresting again? Don't think you could..

Stay NC be strong, you will find the answers within.

Best wishes.

I never went back to any of my exes, but if I were to choose, I'd go back to the woman I had a 6 year relationship with. She was my first real relationship and also the best and most caring. I messed it up (I guess I got GIGS or was not really ready to settle down) and broke with her to be "alone" and "know myself" (I immediately started dating after that).

I did the most horrible things to her after the BU. I lead her on that we will still get back etc etc.. And it took me a couple of years to realize how horrible I was to person who never deserved it. She's married now, and I also wrote her a long apology letter after 2 years. I didn't expect her to forgive me but she did. She is married now and I am happy that she found someone right for her.

So, I guess, OP, you should consider meeting up but also do not expect. Like the post above, he might be using you for ego boost.

I would imagine there is mainly one reason a guy would come back, and all the other reasons he gives are just excuses or sub-reasons.

the reason is obviously:

he dumped her thinking he could trade up and do better but his new girl dumped him or died or whatever so now he figures he will just go back to the girl he dumped cos she is better than nothing.

people are more alike than you realise.