My girlfriend left me for someone else and I don't know

Christian Walsh

Christian Walsh

Hey guys. I don't usually post on her so please don't be harsh. So me and my ex were together for 4 months.We were each other's first relationship. We never fought and I always treated her like a queen. I was never clingy or jealous and I always gave her enough space. Anyways, when school started she became distant and cold with me. We talked and I asked her if she wanted to break up and she said she still liked me a lot and she didn't wanna break up. Then 3 days later she calls me and says she doesn't think it's gonna work .She said it wasn't fair to me for her to be putting me last and that there was someone else (she met the guy on the 1st week of school). I begged her once like an idiot and she said she didn't want to date 2 people at once and that she doesn't regret our relationship and that she still likes me a lot and she missed me. After that I went into no contact. Still am. She's in my art class and I moved to the other side of the room to get away from her. She only talked to me and another girl but the other girl moved out of the state and she was left alone. She started talking to this other girl and moved to my area next to me. She keeps looking at me in class and sometimes in the hallway. I just keep ignoring her and not saying a word. She deleted one of our pics on instagram but kept the other one and deleted the caption under it. I think she's even talking to 2 guys at once and looking at me all at the same time!! She's playing mind games. Do you guys think she misses me still and do you think she hates the fact that I'm ignoring her? She said she didn't want to lose me completely. I don't expect her to be back but do think she might come back and is she rebounding?? I really don't know what to do This hurts so much! Please give me some advice...

Go no contact that way she either realizes what she has lost or doesn't. Not your problem to deal with anymore. If she comes back then you decide if you want her

• Like 1

It seems like she doesn't know what she wants. And now she's talking to two guys at the same time and still looking at you? Wow. I say do your best to get her out of your mind because she doesn't seem to know what she's doing. Maybe she's searching for something or someone, but it seems like she'd hurt you and look at other guys even if you get back together. I am sorry that you're feeling hurt but just hang in there and try to be rational, too. Best luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
Christian Walsh
It seems like she doesn't know what she wants. And now she's talking to two guys at the same time and still looking at you? Wow. I say do your best to get her out of your mind because she doesn't seem to know what she's doing. Maybe she's searching for something or someone, but it seems like she'd hurt you and look at other guys even if you get back together. I am sorry that you're feeling hurt but just hang in there and try to be rational, too. Best luck.

I know. And it's everyday that she does this. It's not that it bothers me but it's like she's subconsciously trying to torture me with her presence. She even switched her seat to the area I'm moved over to after she broke up with me. I mean I miss talking to her because we were really good friends before I asked her out. I honestly wished I had never done that. This sucks :(

• Like 1
I know. And it's everyday that she does this. It's not that it bothers me but it's like she's subconsciously trying to torture me with her presence. She even switched her seat to the area I'm moved over to after she broke up with me. I mean I miss talking to her because we were really good friends before I asked her out. I honestly wished I had never done that. This sucks :(

Aww :( i am not an expert in relationships but i believe everything happens for a reason and you guys dating was an experience, so don't regret it. And ugh she was the one who ended the relationship, but she still seems to pursue you... She might be missing you, but she might still hurt you... Maybe you should ask her what is going on and what is her intention like breaking things off but now still looking at you and trying to come close to you. I hope you will feel better :( But just remember that if a person makes you feel bad, upset w/e, don't keep them in your life. ;)

Edited by uniqueunicorn
  • Like 1
  • Author
Christian Walsh
Aww :( i am not an expert in relationships but i believe everything happens for a reason and you guys dating was an experience, so don't regret it. And ugh she was the one wwho ended the relationship, but she still seems to pursue you... She might be missing you, but she might still hurt you... Maybe you should ask her what is going on and what is her intention like breaking things off but now still looking at you and trying to come close to you. I hope you will feel better :( But just remember that if a person makes you feel bad, upset w/e, don't keep them in your life. ;)

I don't think I could ever talk to her again. The last time I spoke to her was when I panicked and begged her to reconsider to which she said that she doesn't hate me and that she likes me a lot and that I was an amazing person and that she had no regrets about our relationship but that she didn't want to talk about this anymore. Towards the end of the relationship she was being cold and distant and I even gave her the option to break up but she said she still liked me a lot and that she didn't wanna break up. Now all I see her do in art class when she's alone and not talking to her friends she just looks at me. And yeah most likely if we got back together she'd still hurt me. But I just miss seeing her name pop up on my phone and seeing a txt msg from her. I even bought her a necklace in the 4th of July and she still has it. She was very special to me and she literally stabbed me with a butcher knife and even thought I was already wounded she just kept digging the knife deeper and deeper :( I even told her when we first went out that the reason I didn't pay much attention to her at the beginning of the school year wasn't because I didn't like her but because I knew if I got too close to her she was gonna make me care :(

I don't think I could ever talk to her again. The last time I spoke to her was when I panicked and begged her to reconsider to which she said that she doesn't hate me and that she likes me a lot and that I was an amazing person and that she had no regrets about our relationship but that she didn't want to talk about this anymore. Towards the end of the relationship she was being cold and distant and I even gave her the option to break up but she said she still liked me a lot and that she didn't wanna break up. Now all I see her do in art class when she's alone and not talking to her friends she just looks at me. And yeah most likely if we got back together she'd still hurt me. But I just miss seeing her name pop up on my phone and seeing a txt msg from her. I even bought her a necklace in the 4th of July and she still has it. She was very special to me and she literally stabbed me with a butcher knife and even thought I was already wounded she just kept digging the knife deeper and deeper :( I even told her when we first went out that the reason I didn't pay much attention to her at the beginning of the school year wasn't because I didn't like her but because I knew if I got too close to her she was gonna make me care :(

:( i know it must be hard to not be with her anymore and that you might be missing her but do yourself a favor and never ever let anyone crash your feelings like this. Start with not even sending her a glance or anything, just don't see her so you won't see her looking at you. You are really young and seem to be a caring person, and think of it that way: if she was still in your life, she'd hurt you and you'd feel even worse if you were in deeper. Maybe this happened for your own good. And it will not be easy to get over someone, but you should still do your best ;) Aaand maybe tell her to stop looking at you etc. in a kind way -maybe via text messages if you are not ready to talk to her. She should get her things together ;-;

• Like 1
  • Author
Christian Walsh
:( i know it must be hard to not be with her anymore and that you might be missing her but do yourself a favor and never ever let anyone crash your feelings like this. Start with not even sending her a glance or anything, just don't see her so you won't see her looking at you. You are really young and seem to be a caring person, and think of it that way: if she was still in your life, she'd hurt you and you'd feel even worse if you were in deeper. Maybe this happened for your own good. And it will not be easy to get over someone, but you should still do your best ;) Aaand maybe tell her to stop looking at you etc. in a kind way -maybe via text messages if you are not ready to talk to her. She should get her things together ;-;

Yeah I understand. And I see her looking at me out of the corner of my eye. In school I don't even look at her. My friends sometimes tell me she's looking at me when I'm not paying attention. I understand this is gonna be tough but I really am trying. I'm even seeing a shrink because I needed professional help but it doesn't seem to be working. That's why I turned to the internet. And everyone keeps telling me things like she'll come back and even if she does don't take her back. I don't expect her to txt me again but I can never trust her again if she were to contact me. I really appreciate your help!! Thank you so much! :D I know these hard times will pass eventually. I just hope it doesn't take a long time because I'm starting to think that people like me (the nice guys who care) were made to suffer..

Yeah I understand. And I see her looking at me out of the corner of my eye. In school I don't even look at her. My friends sometimes tell me she's looking at me when I'm not paying attention. I understand this is gonna be tough but I really am trying. I'm even seeing a shrink because I needed professional help but it doesn't seem to be working. That's why I turned to the internet. And everyone keeps telling me things like she'll come back and even if she does don't take her back. I don't expect her to txt me again but I can never trust her again if she were to contact me. I really appreciate your help!! Thank you so much! :D I know these hard times will pass eventually. I just hope it doesn't take a long time because I'm starting to think that people like me (the nice guys who care) were made to suffer..

I hope it won't take a long time, either. You seem to be such a nice guy and you definitely don't deserve to suffer like this. But everything you go through teaches you something and this breakup might be a blessing in disguise. I am sure you'll meet a girl who cares about you and won't suffer. Don't ever lose hope! :D And you are really young now, there wwill be a time you'll think back to these times and smile to yourself and be proud of yourself that you got over this. :) I wish you the best luck and I do believe you'll be happier as time passes. :)

• Author
Christian Walsh
I hope it won't take a long time, either. You seem to be such a nice guy and you definitely don't deserve to suffer like this. But everything you go through teaches you something and this breakup might be a blessing in disguise. I am sure you'll meet a girl who cares about you and won't suffer. Don't ever lose hope! :D And you are really young now, there wwill be a time you'll think back to these times and smile to yourself and be proud of yourself that you got over this. :) I wish you the best luck and I do believe you'll be happier as time passes. :)

Thank you so much for your help!! I've been posting on some threads in different sites and you definitely helped me out the most!! I really appreciate your help! :D

• Like 1

Continue to stay away. Delete her from social media. You're young, no good reason to spend time wondering about her. Enjoy your time in school and put that relationship behind you, as an experience, and move on in life.

• Like 3
  • Author
Christian Walsh
Continue to stay away. Delete her from social media. You're young, no good reason to spend time wondering about her. Enjoy your time in school and put that relationship behind you, as an experience, and move on in life.

yeah i'm not gonna break NC. I'm gonna stay away. The thing is she knows I'm avoiding her and yet she keeps staring at me and moving closer to where I sit. And I understand I'm young but it's so much harder because social media and school mixed together make this 1000x more difficult than it already is.