Closure

We met through a mutual friend and dated for 4 months. She hadm't had a serious relationship for 5 years. Everything went really well until 2 weeks ago. She needed the dreaded "space" , said she loved talking to me and I was perfect for her but I understood what that meant. She had 2 kids that adored me and vice versa. I know where I went wrong eg spent basically the last 2 weeks at her place but she gave me all indications that is what she wanted. Anyways after 11 days NC she texted me today to return my stuff and instead of doing it in person wanted to leave it with our mutual friend. not sure why I'm posting but just wanted to reassure myself that I did everything right and she is the one losing. Any ladies have advice still miss her and the kids

• Author

I'm coming to terms I have done nothing wrong. It is or it isn't I'm not going to get hung up on it. Thanks for the reply

Even if you did do something wrong. What's the difference? Either someone likes you for who you are or they don't.

Break ups don't happen because one person is good and one is evil. They happen because TWO people are not compatible.

• Like 1

Totally agree. Although it's hard not to take a breakup personally and wonder if you did something wrong to contribute to the relationship's demise. I mean, who likes to be rejected? But yeah, breakups happen due to incompatibility.

Even if you did do something wrong. What's the difference? Either someone likes you for who you are or they don't.

Break ups don't happen because one person is good and one is evil. They happen because TWO people are not compatible.

• Author

It's been almost 2 weeks but I'm getting better and really do realize I'm better off if not lucky that this didn't turn in to a longer relationship especially with her kids involved. Moving forward thanks

You never know what she is experiencing based on her past. Maybe it's not you.

It could be that she's freaking out because you are the first person she's tried dating in 5 years. Maybe she was in an abusive relationship or something and is having trouble trusting again.

That's just an idea.

It would be nice if she let you know why, though, just so you could have some closure.

But, it sounds like that's not going to happen.

As you said, it's best that it ends now if there's kids involved.

But, you are bound to miss them and feel hurt about the situation.

I'm so sorry.

• Like 1
  • Author

I know I was too available looking back on it but I also look at it as I'm a lucky dude that didn't have to deal with it a year from now. Consider myself lucky I hope she finds someone that makes her happy. Any single ladies around that enjoy what I have to offer? Lol

• Author

I was way too available which is too bad because I enjoyed her and her kids company. Unfortunate that some people don't realise a good thing when it happens to them. Bring it on world!