Morning Anxiety after breakup?

Requiem4Dreams

Anxiety attack, or just agitation? There's a big difference. You may be overthinking things too much which causes you to breath faster which could lead to a panic attack.

Learn some meditation. Slow your breathing, and your thoughts. What are the thoughts that you are having which is increasing this anxiety?

FailedFirstLove

I'm the same way :( it's been 2 months and doesn't get easier. I wake up and it's like hell

Another day without him. Another day I have to get through. But nights are Good. Usually anyways. I can no longer do anything. Just sleep. Not feel anything or think for a while.

Yes I know the feeling all too well. That's why I'm awake right now, despite not going to bed til 3am haha. It goes away in time, but it sucks for sure. Definitely makes it tough to get a full night sleep

You are grieving. Grief thrusts us into an uncertain world where anxiety often reigns supreme. Unfortunately, it's all part of the healing process, and eventually it will diminish.

I'm sure you're aware of the five stages of grief identified by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, and frankly, I'm surprised she didn't include anxiety as one of those stages.

But yes, I've been there. My relationship ended last year out of the blue and I was in emotional hell for a while. However, I allowed myself to feel the emotions and acknowledged them, knowing it would take time and I was having a human, emotional reaction to a traumatic event.

A year later I'm doing much better, and in time you will be to. Four months is not a long time and it's OK to feel what you are feeling.

The mornings are always the worst part. I wake up and realize he's not laying next to me and that it's another day without him. I hate it.

Mornings are horrible for me too. As the day goes on I feel better and get a little perspective, but I cry every morning. I know I stay in bed and hide out for 1-2 hours before getting up...it might help to just get going and start the day instead of laying there and fixating.