The ex is getting "scammed"

Hi!

So I have an "ex" who is very much into casual sex and random encounters (that's why he dumped me in the first place). He recently added this girl on FB who happens to leave many comments on his wall. Hence, I went and checked her out of curiosity. Her profile is full of sexy pictures and she's promoting "free webcam sessions". Apparently my ex also posted many comments on her wall and likes every single one of her pictures (in an intent to get webcam sessions).

I made a Google research of the pictures because they seem to look quite professional (too professional and provocative for FB) and it turns out the woman is a glamour model from the US. The girl who is posing on FB speaks German* and pretends to be a student from Germany*. It's obviously not the girl on the pictures. I also found a "romance scam" forum thread with her pictures on display.

I know it's none of my business and although it's quite funny that my ex is getting duped given the way he ditched me, I don't like it at all. Should I report her on FB? I'm very protective.

Him & I are not speaking but he seems to be quite naive! There are many fake profiles of this girl, I can't believe he bought into it!

Thanks!

Listen, there are ho's all over social media. Most of them aren't even women and are just using some girl's photo trying to find guys to pay them. I had a similar thing happen to a male friend of mine. She posted a photo on his FB of her licking her own boob. That was her profile shot! I started asking him about all his internet ho's (he's a minor celebrity) and he said "What's an internet ho?" Men straight up want to believe these are real non-pro women who think they're sooooo good looking that they just want to shed their clothes and show them. That means they're dim as a basement lightbulb and you're better off without them.

WhatYouWantToHear
I know it's none of my business...I'm very protective...Him & I are not speaking

Of the 3 people mentioned in that post, do you know who came off the worst sounding person in that post?

• Author
Of the 3 people mentioned in that post, do you know who came off the worst sounding person in that post?

I asked for advice, is all.

WhatYouWantToHear

No, actually, you wanted to disparage two other people and feel better about yourself. It's the same reason you still cyberstalk him. Following the ups and downs of his life makes you feel better about yours.

Here's the advice: move on.

• Like 3
  • Author
No, actually, you wanted to disparage two other people and feel better about yourself. It's the same reason you still cyberstalk him. Following the ups and downs of his life makes you feel better about yours.

Here's the advice: move on.

That wasn't the case at all. You're being very offensive. I was not trying to put him down in any way whatsoever. If I truly wanted to put him down, I would have chosen a different strategy than to post a thread on a forum, trust me.

I was seeking for objective opinions. I don't like my friends to get duped, is all. Whether it'd be him or anyone else. I'm protective of all of my exes, not just him. It's not personal and I would have asked the question regardless of who was involved in it (a friend, an ex or an acquaintance) because that's just how I am.

If you're the type of person who likes to put other people down (like you're down it right now) to make yourself feel better, then please note that not everybody is like this and some of us have genuine intentions.

Regards,

I'll just leave you with this:

No need for revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually screw themselves up. And if you're lucky, God will let you watch.

He dumped a great girlfriend (i'm assuming) to chase after easy p. He's an idiot. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Had the same thing happen to me with an ex.

Advice? It's over, let him make his own mistakes. He might get mad, accuse you of stalking and tell you to mind your own business, like mine did. We were still FB friends at the time, Just couldn't stop myself from checking his profile. Thankfullly he blocked me after that.

He's in prisonn now, one of his girls was into drugs and he started selling.. But he made his own choices

Mind your own business. This "ex" isn't even someone you had a relationship with.

You're protective? You just said you find it funny that he is getting duped. You don't really care. You're just hoping she gets removed from FB so that your ex doesn't get to communicate with her anymore.

No. Not your business.

Agreed...

Forget him...karma's a byach.

I had a guy dump me for a real life gold digger (no, he wasn't rich...but she was one of these chicks with no real job, lots of male "friends" who seem to pay this or that for her or give her $20 here and there). And, when he told me about her not paying back X amount of money and stuff he lent her, I wanted to laugh, but felt bad for him. Well, did he learn a thing? Nope, he actually married another one and was convinced he knows her in/out after 6 months of dating. I haven't heard how that one went, but last I heard he's no longer married.

Don't think you're gonna swoop in and be the 'voice of reasoning' and he's gonna come back to you.

BTW, you know what's funny about these type of guys? They are controlling, manipulative and think they got game and they end up played...lol.

Have a good laugh on this one, don't feel sorry for them.

Lernaean_Hydra

Jesus, is today National Capt'n Save An Ex day or something? What's with all these people popping out the woodwork troubled by the present lives of those best left in the past?

Maybe he does know she's a fake cam girl, if the pics are hot he probably doesn't care. And even if she was completely unaware, who cares? He dumped you! Why are you even on his Facebook?

• Author
Mind your own business. This "ex" isn't even someone you had a relationship with.

You're protective? You just said you find it funny that he is getting duped. You don't really care. You're just hoping she gets removed from FB so that your ex doesn't get to communicate with her anymore.

You don't even know what ex I'm talking about ;)

• Author
Agreed...

Forget him...karma's a byach.

I had a guy dump me for a real life gold digger (no, he wasn't rich...but she was one of these chicks with no real job, lots of male "friends" who seem to pay this or that for her or give her $20 here and there). And, when he told me about her not paying back X amount of money and stuff he lent her, I wanted to laugh, but felt bad for him. Well, did he learn a thing? Nope, he actually married another one and was convinced he knows her in/out after 6 months of dating. I haven't heard how that one went, but last I heard he's no longer married.

Don't think you're gonna swoop in and be the 'voice of reasoning' and he's gonna come back to you.

BTW, you know what's funny about these type of guys? They are controlling, manipulative and think they got game and they end up played...lol.

Have a good laugh on this one, don't feel sorry for them.

No, I'm not planning on getting him back, at all! God knows what kind of an STD he might have. I'm fine where I am, really. It's just I feel ba for him. It's not revenge or anything like that.

Requiem4Dreams

I think you should just let this go. You're taking far too much interest into this person and the life he's leading. Ultimately it comes down to it being his problem now, and you don't need to mire yourself into this.

Letting it go, and moving on without looking into anothers life is ultimately what this is all about. There's really no reason to at this point anymore, and each day you can go without delving into that world is one in which you find yourself stronger.

I think that, at a minimum, before you took any action, you should work through and figure out this dichotomy:

... it's quite funny that my ex is getting duped given the way he ditched me...

-- vs --

I don't like it at all.... I'm very protective.

If you are not speaking, and you find it quite funny that this is happening to him, then what are you "protecting?"

• Like 3

Please dont bother contacting your ex. Is anyone actually surprised this happened to this guy, when he was searching for "free webcam sessions"?!

Edited by Sugarkane
You don't even know what ex I'm talking about ;)

It's quite easy to put two and two together based on your past threads. Advice still stands.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 1
  • Author
It's quite easy to put two and two together based on your past threads. Advice still stands.

I dated many many men my dear some from before I even started posting on here. You can't possibly know who it is I'm talking about. No offense to you, but you're just as creepy as I am if you actually took the time to re-read some of my old posts which do not relate to the same man, I repeat.

I won't get involved, but you should assuming you know someone's life based on a couple of miserable posts.

Edited by ShiningMoon

Zahara isn't creepy. She actually cares deeply about the posters here. She knows what it's like to be heartbroken and to go around in vicious circles, and doesn't want others to go through the same. She takes what she has learned and and passes on the knowledge to others because many of us suffer needlessly, and for extended periods. She takes the time and the energy to be supportive of here, and is willing to take the time to look into people's past posts to show what they might not be able to see if that's what it takes. She seeks to empower, not harm.

If anything, I'm the creepy one. I go through Zahara's posts, and it's because because she is so raw and real and honest and so very insightful, and when I get kicked down, reading her posts help to empower me and stand tall in spite of my pain. She's my hero on these forums, and is someone I really look up to.

You've gotten some great advice on here. Leave your ex alone. People can like pictures of people they find attractive. Your ex can take care of himself. It's time to take care of yourself now.

• Like 3
No offense to you, but you're just as creepy as I am if you actually took the time to re-read some of my old posts which do not relate to the same man, I repeat.

The reason I read your past threads was because I wanted to know why you noted EX in quotation marks. It was odd and I wanted to find out why you defined him that way. Reading your past threads would have enabled me to find out what your actual attachment to him would have been in order to see if what you were planning to do was warranted. The advice then would have been tailored depending on how the "ex" treated you in the "relationship".

So, it provides objectivity when one knows a poster's history.

And the advice still stands no matter the many, many men you dated.

Good luck to you.