vacation 2 months ago/left ex!! abusive/have to go back to get stuff THIS FRIDAY!!!

OK, straight to the point,

I came to visit my kids after not seeing them for almost a year. I decided to stay here with them, (young 9 and 15). I did not plan this so I only brought things for 2 weeks, also never told ex that I was staying, (Very unhealthy relationship on both sides we both are at fault). Out of fear I have not went back to get my things, He has moved and brought my things to one of my friends place. Now I will be going back to get this stuff and also staying for one week to finish untied business. What do I do if I run into him.

2 situations can happen (that I see)

1- I could see him and he will be ignorat to me around people we both know, how would I deal with the emotional abuse? He will be bringing other girls around to spite me. Trying to pick up one of my friends that he had a affair with in the past that lasted 6 months, just things that he thinks that will bother me.I do not love him anymore however he was in love with me. Not to sure what he is feeling now, more then likley alot of anger. I do not want to go to his level and I do not want to be ignorant like start laughing (knowing me I would bust out laughing)

2- He could try and talk nice to me then get angry with me that I will not give in. Our relationship was very abusive to the point that we started hitting and throwing things in front of my 13 year old daughter that is special needs( I know a real wrong thing to do). I do not trust him at all with the way that he is. He goes from one point of anger to extreme happiness then anger again when he is not noticed.

I am not going back to him, I do not love him, My daughter told me when we came her ethat she will never move back and would rather stay at her dads house. I have no intension of even talking to him but I now know that I will be seeing him. Friends all got concert tickets and he also got one, I will see him there. He likes to cause problems and gets very loud when I ignor him. There is no staying away from him while I am there, Friends told me not to worry about it that he will not even talk to me, However I get a different sence knowing him the way that I do (they know him but not like I do).

please help

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hunnhhh? I couldn't quite understand your post - it was rather garbled.

If you need to retrieve your belongings, and you fear violence, intimidation, or disorderly conduct, then please call your local police department in advance and request a "civil standby". This is where an officer accompanies you while you retrieve property, etc.

The police would probably prefer it not be late Friday,as that is a peak time for them.