Broke NC On Accident! FML

PersonaPersona

So, I was out of state for the weekend and I didn't bring my Macbook with me. Today when I got home, I turned it on for the first time since Friday. When I turned it on, all of my IM's were delivered that I didn't get during the weekend. I got a text from a number I did not initially recognize and it said something about needing help with something. So, by instinct I just thought it was one of my friends trying to get a hold of me because everyone knows I am good with computers. But, again, I didn't recognize the number so I said "Huh? Who's this?" For them to reveal themselves.

After a short while, I was like Holy CRAP because I asked a friend who's number it was and they said it was my ex's. So, yeah, a month of NC down the drain. Surprisingly, I reacted much better than I thought I would. I didn't really get that "scared" feeling. I got a rush, but then I resumed my NC because I don't really feel as much pain as I used to. If this was a few weeks ago? I would have been mortified, confused, and stupid enough to give into the idea of being 'friends'. So yeah, thanks for reading. I'm proud of myself because I'm doing much better than I thought.

Lesson to everyone: If you get a text message from a random number, make sure NOT to reply without confirming that it isn't your ex (that's if you don't know their number right now)

So, I was out of state for the weekend and I didn't bring my Macbook with me. Today when I got home, I turned it on for the first time since Friday. When I turned it on, all of my IM's were delivered that I didn't get during the weekend. I got a text from a number I did not initially recognize and it said something about needing help with something. So, by instinct I just thought it was one of my friends trying to get a hold of me because everyone knows I am good with computers. But, again, I didn't recognize the number so I said "Huh? Who's this?" For them to reveal themselves.

After a short while, I was like Holy CRAP because I asked a friend who's number it was and they said it was my ex's. So, yeah, a month of NC down the drain. Surprisingly, I reacted much better than I thought I would. I didn't really get that "scared" feeling. I got a rush, but then I resumed my NC because I don't really feel as much pain as I used to. If this was a few weeks ago? I would have been mortified, confused, and stupid enough to give into the idea of being 'friends'. So yeah, thanks for reading. I'm proud of myself because I'm doing much better than I thought.

Lesson to everyone: If you get a text message from a random number, make sure NOT to reply without confirming that it isn't your ex (that's if you don't know their number right now)

I received a message from a random number last week. I asked who is this. And he said so and so which was an ex a while back. He was on strict NC for a long while so I deleted his number and move on.

At the end of the chat, he texted: So will you have my number now?

I replied: Yeh for sure.

And I blocked his number. Case closed.

• Like 1