How do you guys feel when your ex ends up with someone much uglier than you?

Just curious; title pretty much sums it up.

In the past there have been exes who ended up with a more attractive person.. and that didn't feel good. However, this (in its own way) also feels messed up.

Just putting it out there for thoughts...

music_and_poetry

Haha I don't care if its messed up, I'd feel slightly better about it!

• Like 2

I don't know whether my ex has moved on, but if he has.. it doesn't matter who she is or what she looks like. It would hurt like hell no matter how good or bad looking they are..

OK_computer

YES!

My ex left me for an ex con, literally! Im a med student and so is she. He's so nasty full of tatoos and piercings, its gross seeing them hooking up. He's a high school drop out too.

Guess she wants a "bad boy"

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, its subjective. But seeing her and him gives me a little ego boost, I'll have to admit!

Beauty fades.. I don't think I'll really care to be honest. I just hope he doesn't treat her like the way he treated me.

• Like 3
deathandtaxes

Quit worrying too much about looks, OP. They're not the end-all be-all of dating or relationships. Who gives a flying flip who an ex ends up with? And comparing yourself to the looks of who an ex ends up with - tres insecure.

• Like 1

I'd feel slightly avenged, I guess. On of my exes ended up marrying some total knob and all I can think is thank god it wasn't me.

nousername21

I'd admittedly feel better. It would probably help me move on easier because at least I would have one thing over the girl. I'd be a lot less jealous.

I don't even know who my exes are with... and why would I? They're exes for a reason. Being an ex means having no special meaning to me. There are about 6.something billion people on this planet who I don't care who they're with, including half a dozen exes. No big deal.

Brokenguy22

Not to brag or anything but anyone she finds will be that, I hate the work :ugly". She even said after we broke up once outta no where "God worked extra hard on you" so in reality looks are not everything =(

• Like 1
I don't keep track of who my ex's are with, it's all downhill from me.

This. Although I won't deny that if I would find out I'd probably have a good giggle about that.

• Like 1
music_and_poetry
Quit worrying too much about looks, OP. They're not the end-all be-all of dating or relationships. Who gives a flying flip who an ex ends up with? And comparing yourself to the looks of who an ex ends up with - tres insecure.

Have to disagree here. One of my ex's who I had the option of getting back with is now engaged to this chick who looks like his sister, and it's not a good look. I don't miss him, don't want him back, he's ancient history but it's still strangely satisfying. And no that doesn't stem from insecurity. I'm very secure with my looks lol.

• Like 1
OK_computer
Have to disagree here. One of my ex's who I had the option of getting back with is now engaged to this chick who looks like his sister, and it's not a good look. I don't miss him, don't want him back, he's ancient history but it's still strangely satisfying. And no that doesn't stem from insecurity. I'm very secure with my looks lol.

You're right it's satisfying to see an ex with an ugly new sig other. But that only applies to me when that ex was a POS or did me wrong. Nothing like 2 love turds sitting in a tree. Sorry I meant love birds.

• Like 1

Well, it hurt because he left me for another girl, and she was very much a step down in the looks department, and I wondered what she had that I didn't. It bothered me, and I suddenly felt really insecure about little things, like how my eyebrows looked.

I felt like I couldn't be good enough.

However, I am more than good enough. He couldn't handle me being successful, while his life floundered. So it's whatever. I'm better off.

music_and_poetry
You're right it's satisfying to see an ex with an ugly new sig other. But that only applies to me when that ex was a POS or did me wrong. Nothing like 2 love turds sitting in a tree. Sorry I meant love birds.

True! The guy I mentioned was a POS so it was kind of satisfying like ha I was the finest thing he had and now he's stuck with that he-she and she's stuck with all his crap. Good!

I never really paid much attention to what my EXs did. As EXs they were in the rear view mirror so to speak.

On one egotistical level I always felt good, superior. Most of the time the new person wasn't better or worse than me but just different. A blonde v. a brunette etc. But on another level I also felt good that I had the ability to date people -- even the ones that didn't work out -- who weren't shallow & went for more than looks. Finally I usually felt happy if enough time had past, that my EX was moving on & was happy with somebody who was more suited to him.

• Like 1
FortunateSon

While I have no desire to keep track of who my ex is dating, a picture of her and her current boyfriend was forced upon me when she was messaging someone I had briefly dated and she shared the screen shots of my ex's hateful messages with me. Needless to say I was astounded at how homely her new boyfriend was, he had Pee Wee Herman look to him. At first it was a satisfying ego boost to see that she had so clearly downgraded and settled, but then it made me think about how she could be with someone with these kind of looks(or lack thereof)? She was very insecure and in made sense to me that she would feel better about herself with someone like that. In the end it really doesn't matter to me, it's just about continuing to move forward and not concerned myself with other people.

Well...I would guess that my ex didn't think the person was ugly. After all, you have to find someone attractive in order to have a relationship with them. Unless there was something about the person that was objectively unattractive (e.g., missing front teeth) I don't think I really COULD feel superior.

Edited by notserene

She returned to her ex with whom she has a history of physical abuse.

The guy has a physique of a woman being wider in waist than in shoulders.

Not once did the guys I work out with make fun of him because of that.

Me on the other hand have a mystery because I am away most of the time

and the way girls react to the new me speaks for itself.

instagram.com/erklat

If anyone wants to have a glimpse. ?

It certainly doesn't feel any better in comparison to seeing an ex move on to someone with great looks. In fact, when I saw an ex dating a gorgeous girl (someone straight out of a Victoria's Secret catalogue really), I was genuinely glad for him... besides gorgeous, she seemed so nice and like she really cared for him and made him happy, they made a really pretty couple. I had no feelings for him anymore, so what's not to love...

My recent ex, however, the reason I signed up here, I saw him rebound in a matter of days with someone... well.... someone that looks like she's been crying for a week, didn't sleep or eat for one month, bad hair, yellow tiny teeth, square-shaped body, acne, looks miserable in every picture, only talked about money on her social media... it really hurt. He had such a need to leave our relationship behind, anyone (and by anyone, a below average girl) did the trick, and he preferred her over me.

You can't help but wonder who prefers something worse? nobody. So he preferred that because he found that better either in looks or internally, and that means that in one of these two ways you are inferior. That was my mindset for a long time after it happened. I got over it later... it wasn't at all about me, he was just lonely and she showed him attention.