Depressed because Ex doesn't Want Me

Hey guys,

I am new here and I recently got ill and am requested to bed rest. All I can think about right now is my ex and how he doesn't want me anymore after 5 years of dating (I cheated, he forgave and then he moved on with another girl).

So I really don't know how to move on from him, my mistakes and my past.

Please help :(

Hey there,

I know how you feel and I was the same way in the beginning! I actually got really sick during the first week of the breakup. But here I am no and month and a few weeks after the breakup. What I did was I really went to my friends and family for help. I spend most of my time with them. Always keep busy and keep active to keep you mind busy.

I also wrote in my journal a lot when I was sad and missed him. I also started reading a lot lately to keep my mind occupied as well. I hope this helps.

I do agree with Enigma. Cheating is a very big no-no and probably the worst things to do to an ex. I feel it's the hardest things to forgive.

• Like 3

There are millions of available men, some of whom are going to be very compatible. Don't get hung up on one who has moved on for good reason. Be a better version of you, and start looking!

Time to move on. You can't blame him for moving on.

And consider it a lesson learned for the next guy you become serious with.

• Like 2

Yes this is a powerful lesson to learn. One thing for sure you will probably never cheat on the next bf. Take care of yourself and I know this is hard for you. Don't waste your time trying to get him back just move forward. Good luck.

If you are ill & on bed rest you are kind of stuck with your own thoughts. That isn't helping.

You know why he left & why it was your fault. Nevertheless you have to find a a way to forgive yourself. Now that you understand that actions have consequences hopefully you learned your lesson & won't do it again.

Instead of dwelling on what you lost, think about all the positive changes you will make in your life once you are well again.

changchewsoon

I guess you have learned a lesson, and I hope it will serve you well in your future life.

Everyone makes mistakes, life will give you another chance.

At least, you are showing remorse for the things you've done and the people you've hurt.

I would say you're still better off than most of the cheaters if you are truly remorseful for the things you've done and vowed to never do it again.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Cheating is hard to get over. I found out my ex was sexting a few women and even though I tried to brush it away, it affected my behavior towards him for the rest of the relationship.

No matter what happened, take it as a lesson in life to learn faithfulness and monogamy.

You most likely felt guilty and that's not a bad thing but don't let it make you feel like a bad person, just know that everything in life that went wrong in this present time is to prepare you to be a better person in the next time.

We all have faults of our own, cheating is one of yours. Try to understand why you did it, what led you to do it and if there is a way you can curb it. He is gone, even if he returns, things are no longer the same. So the only thing you can do now is to learn, forgive yourself and move on.

my ex cheated and I took her back then 2 years later it all happened again so usually peoples core values don't change they will cheat if given the opportunity.Hopefully you won't.Being bed ridden must be torture in thinking about your ex all day long.....sorry for your situation

• Like 1
realfriends
Hey guys,

I am new here and I recently got ill and am requested to bed rest. All I can think about right now is my ex and how he doesn't want me anymore after 5 years of dating (I cheated, he forgave and then he moved on with another girl).

So I really don't know how to move on from him, my mistakes and my past.

Please help :(

How do you know he is with another girl?

How long has it been since the break up?

Are you in NC? (Cant be if you know he's moved on with another girl)