my ex unblocked me from facebook

last night i went to my friends and he said "did you see jamie is going on a date" i said "no she blocked me on facebook when we broke up"

when i went home i happened to see if i was still blocked and she unblocked me and had a status saying she was excited for tonight because it was date night

is she just trying to make me jealous?

Griesfootball

Yes, she unblocked you knowing you would go home and look on her status that said she's on a date. You should block her for the time being

• Like 2

Hi;

Got the same happening to me. My ex dumped me a little over 3 weeks ago. Within 10 minutes after walking out of my house I was blocked from her FB page. Now suddenly I have access to messages she writes and pictures she posted having a 'blast' with another guy. Trying to make me jealous? I don't know. Maybe she's really happy and wants me to see that? Don't know either.

Just their way of trying to manipulate us I guess.

witmadskilllz

so my ex had unblocked me after quite some time. I wasn't quite expecting it as I was also searching through my facebook friends with similar names and hers just popped right up. So I immediately blocked her and carried on with the day.

Yes, she's paying games, trying to make you jealous. Don't play back. In fact, you should take the opportunity and block her.

• Like 3
OK_computer

I don't mean to offend anyone but I hate the idea of blocking someone. I've been on both ends of blocking and I know sometimes there's no choice but to me it seems really immature to block someone. In a way it gives you control over that person..kind of like the way you hang a bone to a stick and tie around a dogs neck til he catches it.

If you don't want an ex in your life then just defriend that person and MOVE ON. Blocking, the idea of it, is temporary. And why do you check to see if they unblock you (to the op). Who cares? So they dont want to talk to you. Take the hint and tell yourself "whatever f.o." and walk on down the road into the sunset.

My ex for 4 years blocked me off whatsapp msger and that was the 3nd time. I just deleted her number and I have no intention of checking it again. Partly because im too lazy to add a new old contact that I dont give a damn a bout. And also because it doesn't matter if you're blocked. In return I just defriened her and that's permanent. Blocking someone leaves more questions it hinders a proper end.

somedude81

Unless she actually told you that she's going on a date, I don't think she's trying to play games.

Immedialy after my ex dumped me, I removed her from Facebook. A few months after that she blocked me.

If she unblocks me and then posts about going on dates or whatever, I doubt it has anything to do with me.

I haven't even tried to go to her page in over a month.

Kirkliston

I blocked one of my exes (one I was with for 4 1/2 years) because I didn't want to see loads of posts about her baby (we know a lot of the same people, so it would have been hard to avoid seeing when people I knew liked or commented on anything to do with it). I admit that this is a very specific situation.

FortunateSon
why unblock me and then put she has a date

So that you see it and it make you hurt/jealous/angry.

My ex did the same: she unfriended me 10 minutes after breaking up with me. Now 3 1/2 weeks later she's posting pictures on her brothers' pages of her with a guy seemingly having a blast at a party at her house including her brothers and their girlfriends.

(I didn't get to meet her family until I dated her for one year, this 'new guy' is already part of the family within 3 weeks after she dumped me? Talk about 'moving forward'.).

She knows I still had access to her brothers' pages. So I unfriended the entire family just now.

April Moon
I don't mean to offend anyone but I hate the idea of blocking someone. I've been on both ends of blocking and I know sometimes there's no choice but to me it seems really immature to block someone. In a way it gives you control over that person..kind of like the way you hang a bone to a stick and tie around a dogs neck til he catches it.

If you don't want an ex in your life then just defriend that person and MOVE ON. Blocking, the idea of it, is temporary. And why do you check to see if they unblock you (to the op). Who cares? So they dont want to talk to you. Take the hint and tell yourself "whatever f.o." and walk on down the road into the sunset.

My ex for 4 years blocked me off whatsapp msger and that was the 3nd time. I just deleted her number and I have no intention of checking it again. Partly because im too lazy to add a new old contact that I dont give a damn a bout. And also because it doesn't matter if you're blocked. In return I just defriened her and that's permanent. Blocking someone leaves more questions it hinders a proper end.

I must disagree. I blocked my ex so his picture with the girl he cheated on me with wouldn't constantly pop up on my "friends you might know" section. It's great knowing I'll never see his picture on any of my social pages or what he is doing. Blocking helped me move on and keep NC better than anything.

• Like 2
JoeFallkon

Mine did the same, but didnt post she had a date, i ignored it, but i blocked her on tango. she got pissed then after a week begged to un block her and read her messages.

its just games.

changchewsoon

I unfriended my cheating ex on Facebook after I caught her, just 5 mins after I closed my computer she sent me a text asking why did I remove her.

And I just ignored her and went straight to strict NC.

What followed next was a series of crying, pleading, begging and stalking at my house.

But I didn't block her though.

Then she proceeded to block me on Whatsapp, and then unblock me again after a while. This cycle continued for a couple of rounds. She also blocked me on Instagram.

And honestly, while it doesn't bother me at all as I have moved on and happy to have her out of my life, what I couldn't understand is that why does she needs to block me.

I think it's an ego trip. They want you to feel helpless, powerless. They want you to wonder what's going on with them. When you've been on their FB for a substantial amount of time (like years) and suddenly you are blocked or defriended, it kind of plays with your mind a bit, especially right after you were dumped.

I think the best thing to do when you've been dumped is to move forward, think about yourself, forget about your ex and her/his life (as much as possible) by staying busy and socialize. Make new friends, go on dates, whatever you have to do to keep yourself busy.

Being dumped isn't fun and hurts like hell but it isn't the end of the world. In fact it's a new opportunity for the dumpee to start again with someone better.

I was with my ex for 9 years. She suddenly broke up with me 3 1/2 weeks ago. Since then she's been contacting me on and off on a regular basis despite defriending me on FB 10 minutes after she gave me the pink slip.

She reportedly started seeing (and probably sleeping with) another guy several months before she dumped me. I already told her twice that I am happy for her and wish her a great life with her new boyfriend.

Somehow she doesn't seem to be able to leave me alone though. I call it 'Power Tripping', manipulative, inconsiderate and selfish on the part of the dumper because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Let them go completely!

OK_computer
I think it's an ego trip. They want you to feel helpless, powerless. They want you to wonder what's going on with them. When you've been on their FB for a substantial amount of time (like years) and suddenly you are blocked or defriended, it kind of plays with your mind a bit, especially right after you were dumped.

I think the best thing to do when you've been dumped is to move forward, think about yourself, forget about your ex and her/his life (as much as possible) by staying busy and socialize. Make new friends, go on dates, whatever you have to do to keep yourself busy.

Being dumped isn't fun and hurts like hell but it isn't the end of the world. In fact it's a new opportunity for the dumpee to start again with someone better.

I was with my ex for 9 years. She suddenly broke up with me 3 1/2 weeks ago. Since then she's been contacting me on and off on a regular basis despite defriending me on FB 10 minutes after she gave me the pink slip.

She reportedly started seeing (and probably sleeping with) another guy several months before she dumped me. I already told her twice that I am happy for her and wish her a great life with her new boyfriend.

Somehow she doesn't seem to be able to leave me alone though. I call it 'Power Tripping', manipulative, inconsiderate and selfish on the part of the dumper because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Let them go completely!

I agree it's a ego trip and they want you to feel helpless. Which is why blocking someone is childish imo.

Ordinaryday
I agree it's a ego trip and they want you to feel helpless. Which is why blocking someone is childish imo.

I think you are putting too much thought into it. A lot of dumpers (not all) dont care about playing mindgames with you, they just want the dumpee out of their life.

they DONT CARE what the dumpee does after that so long as they are not bothered by it.

Simon Phoenix
You are wrong! If that is so why are many dumpers still seeking contact with dumpees afterwards?

Comfort, to wean themselves off of the relationship, to alleviate guilt. Usually it has very little to do with the dumpee.

• Like 2
ConfusedHumanBeing
Comfort, to wean themselves off of the relationship, to alleviate guilt. Usually it has very little to do with the dumpee.

The "ween off the relationship" spoke to me. You see it a lot. So i agree...there are lots of reasons why.