Breaking up, Rebound, and breaking no contact

Hi, I am new to the thread and I need some insight. I just got back out there dating again I am 50 years old. I met a guy online and we text and talked for a while before we met. We met and clicked great chemistry. We dated for 7 months and in those 7 months we had some arguments, but would always make up easily. The problem was he lived 70 minutes away from me and his car wasn't in the best of shape. We only saw each other 4 times in the 7 months, though we had constant communication thru texting and phone. When we did have dates he would cancel sometimes because he had other priorities that needed to get done on his weekends off. I got tired of the not being able to see him more often and was feeling I wasn't a big priority in his life so I broke up with him.

REBOUND: About one month after break up I met another guy (rebound) and I was honest with him about my recent break up. He said no problem that he understood and wasn't going anywhere. Well,we chatted and went out once and all of a sudden he dumped me. No phone call, no text nothing he just disappeared. I was devastated. I didn't understand what happen. Anyways after that I am going through hurt, depression, anxiety, and anger. I am not sure if these are feelings are because I got dumped by the rebound relationship or from unresolved feelings I did not deal with after my break up.

BREAKING NO CONTACT: After all of that 2 weeks later I broke no contact with my ex by texting him...Just stopping by to say hello. I got a good response from him he was happy to hear from me. I kept it short and sweet and told him I had to run and he said stop by and say hi anytime! I responded you too! He said are you sure about that? since in our last conversation you told me not to text or call you anymore. I said the occasional text would be ok and that we would take it easy. He said easy works for me! After that text I got real anxious and panicky. Why did I send that text? I was doing so good as far as no contact. I do still have strong feelings for him, but I also don't want to give him the wrong impression. I don't know what I am doing right now. My emotions are so all over the place. I need some guidance and a swift kick in the ass.

Edited by queida