Unblock or not?

Mondmellonw

Hey. I was thinking about this.

I am definitely not unblocking my ex from Facebook, neither other social media, or even whatssapp (btw, he unblocked me from there, as he is still on my block list I could see his picture again, so I realized he unblocked me).

I don't have an idea of why he would call and hung up to my house and then this. After all the crap he did I really think I am just (still) wasting energies when I think about it. I hate to still wonder "why".

Anyways, my question is:

Have any of you unblocked an ex after you were over them?

Or you will keep them blocked for life?

And why?

I don't really want to be friends with my ex and I think this feeling will never change. This break up was terrible, like no other before, so, dunno, I wonder about this because it's "only the Internet".

Yes

It happened long time ago it was a harsh split he also changed his number and never returned my calls or text

Then we both moved on and at some point we added each other on Facebook and became sort of friends.

The best bit was when his gf of now ( never knew her) added me on Facebook because she was jealous of me!

But she can sleep tight as I have never wanted him back :)

• Like 2
  • Author
Mondmellonw

Personally, I think that having people you've been intimately involved with as "friends" or contacts is not healthy if you're looking for something good with another person...

But who knows, that is why I am asking this.

Also, my ex lied about many things and insulted me in many ways when we broke up. I am still hurt, but I guess I see no point in being friends with him in one point or another.

• Like 1
maturityassets

Idk. I probably wouldn't. Especially if you are in another relationship the last thing you should be on is an ex's social media page unless you guys both have families at this point and you were just curious how each other's lives turned out. But if you're single it might send a message that you are still interested in them after all this time and you don't want that. So it seems like a lose lose regardless what your current dating situation is. I think the best thing is to live your life and forget about the fact that you have them blocked, restricted or anything like that.

• Like 1
FortunateSon

I blocked my ex on Facebook, after she had blocked me first but would periodically unblock me to check up on me. During one of the periods that I noticed she unblocked me, I immediately took the opportunity to block her. It is one of the best things I have done, post break up. I have no intention of ever unblocking her again, she broke up with me, she no longer has the privilege to see into my life.

• Like 3

I'd block as soon as the ex doesn't understand the concept of breaking up/seperation. Unless I'd forget about it I'd unblock him after a year or so when I can be sure things have cooled down and he's forgotten about me just like I forgot about him months ago. ;)

• Like 1

Mond, no! No entertaining this idea. I would not do this with my ex. Liars and cheats and general loons should have no access to you/us, anymore.

• Like 1
I blocked my ex on Facebook, after she had blocked me first but would periodically unblock me to check up on me. During one of the periods that I noticed she unblocked me, I immediately took the opportunity to block her. It is one of the best things I have done, post break up. I have no intention of ever unblocking her again, she broke up with me, she no longer has the privilege to see into my life.

Be careful with this. I understand this urge - I had it myself when I saw he'd unblocked me. But I stopped short because blocking him would confirm to him that I'd been checking his Facebook at least every 48 hours to even have seen that window. I decided to let him think I wasn't even noticing. He blocked me again and I still check from time to time - but he doesn't know that. I'm happy about that.