How ofthen do you see your significant other,part-time or full-time?

Kathylovesflowers

Kathylovesflowers

This sounds silly, but I've noticed in life and from reading situations on here, some people need more or less space for themselves than for their relationship. How often do you see your sig other?

For example: I know a couple that have been steady for 6 years, yet they only see each other 1 to 2 times a week. When they're together, it's for half a day or so and it's usually arguing over their differences. They may talk on the phone once or twice a week as well. They call themselves BF and GF and are exclusive only to each other. Since they're both young (mid 20's), they don't live together. Probably 6 to 18 hours are spend together weekly. They don't consider themselves friends with benefits at all!

There is another couple I know that have been together for 3+ years. They seem to be together ALL THE TIME. Nearly every waking moment they are together. You can be they're together for nearly 40 to 50 hours a week. They don't seem to get tired of each other ever. They seldom argue and always seem to share everything.

I realise it will depend on the people as to which couple is likely to last and is considered healthy (everyone is different), but how many hours do you spend with your partner?

Thought this was interest is all.

Kathylovesflowers

EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

DO you have circumstances preventing you two? I realise some will have distance to deal with, However some just choose this llike in my examples. They could be with each other more but just choose not to for some reason.

O I C yeah I have distance issues. It sucks.

Now thats gets me mad. They have eachother right there and are not willing to see eachother when people like me pray for like just one whole day with their SO.

Life is funny.

YellowLioness

Except for when we are both at work.

We just work better when we see each other more. We're best friends and its physically draining for us to be apart for too long.

We were long distance for 8 months and it was torture. But, we made it!

I think that some couples stay together just because they are so familiar with each other, not because there is a whole lot of love there.

Every day 7 days a week. Since we've started dating not one day has passed that we haven't spent at least 6 hours together (No joke) :love:

I agree, some people just stay together for the sake of not being alone sometimes, and thats not good. :confused:

I think I like being alone. Lately it seems theres just so much stress with being in a relationship, and dating when you're trying to feel out the other person to make sure you're not at the movies with a serial killer haha. Yes yes, I know there are people out there in happy relationships, maybe one day Ill reach that point. Until then...haha we'll see what happens. ;)

Yeah at first I was really upset about the long distance but now I kinda like the time I have to myself.

I don't have to shave my legs everyday..lol...

I have free time to do the things I forgot I liked to do.

I had fun doing couple things with him all the time but once he left i was sooo bored. I forgot about everything i liked to do before i met him. So I'm having fun re-discovering myself.

My BF is the only one I've ever moved in w/ AND he's the only BF I never experianced a moment of wanting to yell "Will you please go somewhere, anywhere, as long as it's not near me - for 5 minutes!" :laugh:

I think that's a sign of how compatible we are- we grow with each other- instead of on each other's nerves :laugh:

We see each other almost every minute, minus work. And he used to work for me. :p

I'm one of those people who used to not be able to get enough alone time- now, when I am without him, I feel oddly unbalanced.

YellowLioness

Faye, I hear you girl. LOL. That's EXACTLY what we're doing, too!

I have free time to do the things I forgot I liked to do.

Yeah, my bf and I have to plan our alone time, LOL.

Occasionally, one of us will want to read, or write, or whatever. But, even in those times we will sit close together, each of us just zoning out in our own little world.

My boyfriend and me are like the second couple you mentioned. When we first started dating we saw eachother everyday after work. There was only one day since we got together that we haven't seen one another.

After 9 months of dating, we moved in together and we're with eachother 24/7, except when we're at work. However, we have mutual friends that we hang out with together, we both play on the same softball teams, and like to go down to the track to race our cars. So we don't just sit around together, we go out and do things together and with other people but we're together all the time and I love it. We never get tired of one another.