Ex-boyfriend broke up with me twice

(Firstly, I apologize for the mistakes, English is not my native language.)

I can’t believe how stupid I am. My now ex and I started dating last year in July and it was wonderful at first. He seemed very caring and loving, but then gradually got a bit cold and distant after a few months. Despite that, we continued our relationship until this February since I loved him and thought that he’s just not very emotional person. We shared a lot of good moments together until the end.

In the beginning of February after two days of completely ignoring me, he suddenly broke up with me over the text message, saying he doesn’t feel about me the same way as before and needs to be alone. I felt horrible, but I accepted his decision. I came to get my things from his place the same evening. However, he insisted to try and stay friends, which I accepted (I know, my fault) and tried my best to act normal. We talked over skype now and then and met a couple of times, every time ending up having sex (my fault again, but sex between us always been great).

After a month of this kind of relationship, I realized that though I feel much better, I can’t move on completely. I said my goodbyes to him, and went full no contact. It lasted for two weeks, I felt great (changed my hair style and color, joined a gym, traveled a bit, met with friends, gave up alcohol completely etc). But yesterday I got message from him saying he misses me and wants to meet, that he doesn’t want me to completely disappear from his life and if I won’t meet with him, he will haunt me. So we met and he started saying how he wants to get back together, that he misses the time we were together and of course I gave in (I still loved him a bit). We had sex, I went home and after a few hours again he texted me saying that it was all a mistake and we cannot be together.

I can’t believe him. Of course, now it’s permanent no contact, I blocked him everywhere, even on the phone. But dammit I want to kill him, how do I move on, how do I survive? I feel so depressed and devastated. I feel much worse than the first time he broke up with me. I just don't know how to get over such kind of betrayal. I can't even cry, I just feel so empty inside.

(Firstly, I apologize for the mistakes, English is not my native language.)

I can’t believe how stupid I am. My now ex and I started dating last year in July and it was wonderful at first. He seemed very caring and loving, but then gradually got a bit cold and distant after a few months. Despite that, we continued our relationship until this February since I loved him and thought that he’s just not very emotional person. We shared a lot of good moments together until the end.

In the beginning of February after two days of completely ignoring me, he suddenly broke up with me over the TEXT message, saying he doesn’t feel about me the same way as before and needs to be alone. I felt horrible, but I accepted his decision. I came to get my things from his place the same evening. However, he insisted to try and stay friends, which I accepted (I know, my fault) and tried my best to act normal. We talked over skype now and then and met a couple of times, every time ending up having sex (my fault again, but sex between us always been great).

After a month of this kind of relationship, I realized that though I feel much better, I can’t move on completely. I said my goodbyes to him, and went full no contact. It lasted for two weeks, I felt great (changed my hair style and color, joined a gym, traveled a bit, met with friends, gave up alcohol completely etc). But yesterday I got message from him saying he misses me and wants to meet, that he doesn’t want me to completely disappear from his life and if I won’t meet with him, he will haunt me. So we met and he started saying how he wants to get back together, that he misses the time we were together and of course I gave in (I still loved him a bit). We had sex, I went home and after a few hours again he texted me saying that it was all a mistake and we cannot be together.

I can’t believe him. Of course, now it’s permanent no contact, I blocked him everywhere, even on the phone. But dammit I want to kill him, how do I move on, how do I survive? I feel so depressed and devastated. I feel much worse than the first time he broke up with me. I just don't know how to get over such kind of betrayal. I can't even cry, I just feel so empty inside.

Welcome to LS.

It's a good thing that you decided to go NC because he doesn't deserve such a sweet person as you are. He was a cowar by dumping you over text message. And then he tried to remain friends just to use you for sex, that's so selfish. He doesnt think how much suffering he caused you.

From now on ignore all of his texts and calls. Block him on Fb delete him from your phone and focus on you. ((hugs))

Edited by David87

Your ex is clearly confused and the only way for both of you to move on is no contact. No friendship and no sex! Let him really miss you the next time he wants his fix. Let him really feel his loss. Don't go running back to him everytime he snaps his finger. You are way better than that!

Remember he dumped you so he gets nothing of you any longer. Nothing! Not one speck of your time.

Yes you are hurt but get back into your self improvement plans. Time will ease it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the support. After what he did, I don’t think I want to have anything to do with him ever again. Before that I thought that maybe after some time we could have amicable relationship, but now it’s impossible. I just can’t believe I fell in love with such horrible person, who could treat me this way. I feel like I can’t breathe.