Another breadcrumb, thanks but no thanks!

Winter blue

Ex sent me a shared link to an online photo album (on Dropbox) which she made, named with my pet name (that she gave me while we were together) and said in the note, ‘thank you for the good times’. The front page photo I could see in the email is a photo of us together, which she took with her phone but never send to me in the past even through I asked for it at the point of our BU.

I still haven’t clicked on the link to look at them, I don’t know if I ever will. One part of me wants to see what the other photos are, another part of me is afraid by looking at them, I will be set back.

Here I have another question for those of you using Dropbox, will the person get a notification if I view the photo album they shared with me?

This is really too little too late, for whatever reason behind her action, I don’t want to be reminded about those memories anymore. She put me through hell the last 7months and from inside I already buried these memories to death. I am moving on with my life and just started seeing a new girl, now she sent me this? WTH! She can enjoy looking at them herself every day and grieve about losing me! I am truly better off without her!:o

Edited by Winter blue
  • Like 1
  • Author
Winter blue
Stay strong, don't look. If someone put me through hell for 7 months I wouldn't dare give them that, whether they knew I looked or not. You don't need it.

I know people can change and maybe she is thinking she wants to try again but you know, she needs to feel a little bit of something she put you through, not in a vengeful sense, in the karmic sense that guess what? You've moved on and this is life.

You must be very frustrated. Just remember if someone truly loves you they won't put you through misery for all that time, and if they did, they will come back not with a damn self-indulgent photo album but a heartfelt letter explaining why they did that and how sorry they are. Just my 2 cents.

Hi Sadie, thanks for your comment. Yes it's frustrating because I feel like she might be playing mind games with me. This is not the first breadcrumb from her in the past three months, and prior that we had no contact whatsoever for four months.

I agree with what you said, if she had truly loved me, she wouldn't leave me in misery like this. I will stay strong.

Snakechammah

The fact that you just started seeing a new girl could have triggered that. Stay strong, cut her loose and enjoy the new girl.

• Author
Winter blue

It just feels like she could sense that I'm moving on. Don't think she knows I'm actually seeing someone new though, me and the new girl have not made it official, only a few close friends knows about her. If my ex find out through grapevine later on that's fine, if not that's fine too. I would not want to rub it on her face.

Funny thing is, I noted she recently joined the dating website I'm always a member of (and she knows), and she put her status as single, it kinda make me to think she is there to try getting my attention again, because in the past she mentioned online dating is never her cup of tea. And, I have no idea whether she is still with the guy she left me for 7 months ago.

HeartbrokenNewbie

She probably can sense it... would u ever like to reconnect with her or are u completely done? x

Can you not delete this link?

It removes the possibility of you maybe looking at it in the future.

• Author
Winter blue
She probably can sense it... would u ever like to reconnect with her or are u completely done? x

I really don't know about how I feel about her at this stage, I guess my feeling for her has changed a lot over NC. I don't hate her and I guess I still like her as a person however I don't know if I can ever trust her again.

• Author
Winter blue

Thanks for all your comments and support!

I have put all her emails into a folder that I can hide from my desktop. I won't look at it for now that I know for sure, maybe in years down the line when I feel totally indifferent I will.