A breakup without a breakup?

sunshine411

Hi all,

I am new here and looking for advice/insight into what has happened with my relationship. I feel like I've been hit by a freight train...:confused:

Two weeks ago by bf of 2 yrs hadn't texted me as we normally do throughout the day so I texted him that evening. He responded with "I sort of lost my mind and am enroute to (another state)." I thought he was kidding but he was absolutely serious. He went on to say that he was really unhappy with himself, the lifestyle he's been living and needs to get away for awhile and he would 'probably' be back. Since then he has texted me some but not nearly as much and not as endearingly as before.

THEN this week I discovered that he has placed a profile on POF looking for 'friends' in his new location. I am just stunned/flabbergasted/heartbroken. He has always been kind and attentive, never sneaky and cruel like this.

Was he just too cowardly to properly break up with me? Is this classic GIGS? (He has always fantasized about moving there.) I feel as though I should talk to him about it so I can move on, but from reading here it seems the common wisdom is to let him be. Can I move on if there is really no breakup conversation? Any insight/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I'd be flabbergasted and heartbroken too, in that situation. Just remember that when people act in this manner, it says nothing about you, and everything about them.

Whether it was GIGS, or whether he fell out of love, or something else - it's all irrelevant now. The only thing that matters is that he's done what he did. He might've been a kind, attentive person, but he's still a coward. Yes, it's not easy to break up with someone, but you just don't fade out from someone's life and sneak off to another state like that. You just don't.

Don't contact him for closure - it seems as though he's incapable of openly and honestly discussing his feelings and situation with you, he's had plenty of chances. Its best to go NC, and stop replying to his messages altogether. By acting the way he has, he's lost all privilege to remain in your life.

forgetmenot75

He seems to have lost his mind indeed. I'm amazed you d u don't ask for some insight after 2 year relationship. It's all extremely weird...

He might have experienced some crisis??? Why don't you just ask? And how come you found his profile? Did you purposely look for him on pof? All is weird...