My ex hasn't told me about his new girlfriend but still tells me he fancies me!

I'm very confused and need some advise. Please. I got a text from my ex on valentines day saying happy valentines day, and that he was missing me and still crushing on me and always has been and that if we got together he wouldn't want us to date casually but for it to be more than that but that he just doesnt have the time for a relationship at the moment. He a new girlfriend, but he hasnt told me about her himself. I found out in other ways and it appears that he is spending every weekend with her and she is hugely involved in his life, which makes me think the time issue is a massive lie. I was dating this guy for about 4 months and we split up back in October. He was pretty full on telling me he had fallen for me and that he felt he was more into me than i was into him. About 6 weeks after we got together he suddenly disappeared on me for 2 weeks. He eventually got back in contact and said it was because he had started getting feelings for me and didn't know how to deal with them and that he didn't have the time for a relationship at the moment. We reconciled and decided to take things slowly. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I decided that keeping it wasn't an option and he was very supportive and caring. 3 days after the termination we were talking and told each other we loved each other and he dissappeared again. He then finally text me 2 weeks later again apologizing and telling me he got scared and couldn't cope when we said I love you and did the only thing he knew which was to run. About 4 weeks after this he came to see me to talk face to face and offer a proper explanation. He said that he just wasn't ready to commit and didn't have time for a relationship but still had feelings for me and missed me. We ended up kissing and fooling around a bit. I didn't know at the time but he had already started seeing the other girl at this point. I later found out that they had first got together about 1 week after he ran out on me. He then went quiet on me for about 3 weeks eventually texting to say sorry he had been busy. We agreed to stay friends and occasionally joke around on twitter and exchange texts. He had arranged to meet me a couple of times over the last 6 weeks but then ignores my texts as it closer to the time we meet. He now says he wants to meet again. I don't understand what his game is?

Edited by thiasstella

He sounds like a complete idiot. I've been in a similar situation before, where some one constantly blows hot and cold.

Have you thought of completely going NC? That way he can't mess you around and you take back control.

I've recently started NC towards my ex and its really helping, despite the fact that you miss them.

• Author

I was 2 weeks into the nc when he text me on Valentines day. I was very surprised when I got the message as I genuinely thought he was building a serious relationship with his new gf and didn't think of me in that way. I know what he's told me about time is a lie but I couldn't challenge it as he still hasn't told me about his new gf!

If hes texting you while with her...can you imagine who he was texting while you guys were together?!Or if you got back with him??? AHHHH. Steer clear!!!!