Ex acting strange

I don't want to tell my break up story, if you want to read it click on my name, but my ex broke up with over 4 months ago. Been in strict no contact since then. Minus the occasional smile and hey.

About a month ago I get introduced to my now girlfriend. At the end of that week to my surprise my ex starts showing up to my work, I work at a gym, which was odd because when we were dating she always said she hated my work because of the "meat" head guys weightlifting.

She would never say anything to me except for the occasional glare. It was kind of sad to see this but she would literally bounce from guy to guy to talk to them. It didnt bother me because I was always busy texting my new gf.

About a week after that my ex told my gf rumors about me, my gf and ex hang in the same social circle, and it worked my gf up to the point where she was almost thinking about cutting contact with me. Luckily I proved the rumors were lies and we are still dating.

Around that time my ex finds a new guy that ironically is a friend I've known for about a year. Poor guy doesn't know it but he called her a b!$^@ when she broke up with me. Its going to be awkward when he figures it out its my ex but I'm going to let him figure that out himself.

Now come the most confusing part.

Last night my best friend and I are working when our gfs start hinting that they wanted a stuff animal for valentines day. Neither of us got them that so after work we ran to the only store open. When we got there to my horror my ex was working. To make it worse she was the only cashier working.

We grabbed the stuffed animals and causally walked to her register. To my surprise she smiled and said hey, its the first time shes ever started a greeting. I was polite and said hey back and she tried to starting a convo with me but I was giving her one worded answers.

When she was done with my best friend she scanned my present. I went to use my card and the machine kept denying it. After a few attempts she leaned completely over the register and grabbed my hand to help me swipe my card. I quickly pulled away. She slowly leaned back to her station and said silly me and typed something in the register and told me to try again. It worked. So I don't know if she did that on purpose or not but something was fishy.

To add to this at the end of the register, where the bags are, a friend was standing talking to my best friend so I jumped in. It was kind of awkward to be standing there that close to my ex talking about random stuff.

It was odd because literally anything I would say she would laugh at or she would smile. After 10 minutes a manager walked over and asked why she hadn't clocked out yet. So she didn't have to be standing at the register she voluntarily stood there to listen to our conversation.

Can anyone make sense of this?

organizedchaos

No, but if you have a new gf and you dig her, why are you posting about this at all? You shouldn't care.

• Author
No, but if you have a new gf and you dig her, why are you posting about this at all? You shouldn't care.

I should clarify I honestly dont give two craps about my ex. Her behavior though is what I'm curious about. So I'm just curious if this common for an ex to act like this? Because I've never experience this from a ex before.

Philosoraptor

If you don't want her back then it doesn't matter. Just enjoy your day and forget about it.

She has her reasons and only she knows. Don't waste your time trying to figure out someone else's intentions.

• Like 1

Okay, quick and easy answer. Our Ex's don't want us but they don't want anyone else having us either. They would take away their back up plan.

Plus, our Ex don't want us ahead of them in the healing process.

• Like 4
Okay, quick and easy answer. Our Ex's don't want us but they don't want anyone else having us either. They would take away their back up plan.

^ This x10000000

• Like 1
bubblesbursted

Wow they dont want us to move on either? :confused: even if it was them who dumped us? Now this is creepy.

Wow they dont want us to move on either? :confused: even if it was them who dumped us? Now this is creepy.

Yeah, weird I know. With dumper's it's about ego's as well. If they dump you and you're able to move on quickly without them, it effects their ego. They start to think, "Wow, I dump him/her and they've moved on so quickly. Makes me wonder if they really cared for me at all."

• Like 1