Years later, no happy ending.

Been a while since I've been on here. Long night and feel the need to just vent.

It's been many years since my break up yet I always feel like I revert back to this horrible stage when I'm down.

Always thought one day that we'd get back together. Years later, she is still with the same guy. I've had other gfs since, had many flings yet I still think about her. Not sure how I'll ever get over this. Trying to think of the perfect time to make contact but just not sure how. Been NC since initial break up.

Apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense. Not a high functioning alchy.

Been a while since I've been on here.
...Yet this is apparently your first post....

Long night and feel the need to just vent.

It's been many years since my break up yet I always feel like I revert back to this horrible stage when I'm down.

Always thought one day that we'd get back together. Years later, she is still with the same guy. I've had other gfs since, had many flings yet I still think about her. Not sure how I'll ever get over this. Trying to think of the perfect time to make contact but just not sure how. Been NC since initial break up.

Apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense. Not a high functioning alchy.

What name did you go by before?

Maybe we can catch up on your last threads and see what you're talking about.....

• Author

Long forgotten and don't want to re read past emotional posts.

Looking at old pictures at this hour. She is still with her bf after all these years, guess I should lose hope that we'll ever get back together.

I don't know how to get over this. I can't seem to fully commit in all my relationships since.

WTF do you still have pictures for??

You do realise all your current misery is self inflicted?

She has nothing to do with this.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well aware. I always feel this way when I drink. It's been quite a few years. Really need to get over this. I'm 99% over her but holding out on last 1% for that miracle.

To be honest, you don't sound 99% over it at all.

More like 1% over it, 99% still holding on for a miracle.

You're just torturing yourself. You need to let go and forget breaking NC. It's been YEARS. At this point, it's just weird if you reach out to her.

• Like 2

Mate. Alcohol is the devils poison. Let me guess, you feel this way on the hangovers right? The depression of the hangover always brings you back to the dark memories of your life.

You gotta stop drinking mate. Alcohol will keep drawing you back to square 1.

Im so sorry for you. This is what make breakup suck. Sometime you cant just get over it- when you should already be

How many years is it and how old are you?

Were you married or dating? If just dating you need to go talk to somebody. If you aren't over it years later somehow you have been operating under a delusion all these years & it's preventing you from moving on. The first delusion I see is the idea that she will come back. You have to get that out of your head. Especially if she is still with the same guy she left you for. She's happy & stable. You are no longer in the picture.

This is going to sound silly but it will help. Go find some blank pieces of paper and a pen. Now write out: It's over and she's never coming back. I have to move on.

Re-write that at least 100x. Yes, like the old grade school punishments. There is a connection between the pen & your brain.

Now take all the pictures & other momentos & box them up. Tape the box shut & put it in another box. Seal that up too. Put it in the farthest most inaccessible part of your attic or garage. Better yet . . . take it to your parents' house & put it in their garage. If the pictures are digital, down load them to a thumb drive & box that up, then wipe your computer.

• Like 1