LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

No Contact 2014

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2013, 12:14 AM   #1
Established Member

No Contact 2014

I'm posting my current goal. No contact until 2014. Anyone with me? I have broken NC many times over the last 6 months. But this is my restart moment.. This is it. I am leaping into the new year starting now!

And when I do reach 2014 I will be pushing it into 2015!

Nc train... Beep beep!
Jenny1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 1:21 AM   #2

Your not alone!!

Here is my story and progress...
The 60 day breakup Challenge!!
taramg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 1:32 AM   #3
Established Member

@ Jenny - Good luck! Be strong, you can do it!

@ Tara - I read your blog post and yup, NC includes no social media and no stories from friends of what he's been doing. You unfriended him, that great! But you have to do more than that, you have to block him. Otherwise you might have mutual friends and see tagged pictures of him or see his comments. He can also still message you so that will break NC. And maybe in moments of weakness you might get tempted to look at his profile page. Good luck to you as well!
strive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 2:52 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1234 View Post
I'm posting my current goal. No contact until 2014. Anyone with me? I have broken NC many times over the last 6 months. But this is my restart moment.. This is it. I am leaping into the new year starting now!

And when I do reach 2014 I will be pushing it into 2015!

Nc train... Beep beep!
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a nice idea don't get me wrong, but it's just going to be torture having such a lengthy plan. You have stated you have failed to keep NC over the past 6 months many times. Which means you can't even guarantee yourself that it wouldn't happen again.

I suggest getting through each day for a while. Once you are able to get through a day, then another, then another, that is when you increase that goal to a week, once you get through one week, then another, then another, that's when you increase that goal.

Recovery is about taking steps, they don't have to be gigantic leaps. Baby steps are just as important and just as effective.

I in no way judge you for breaking NC, we have all done it. I just feel that you'd benefit and feel the benefit's a lot more from starting off with a smaller NC Goal. just till you are used to it.
Logan oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan oO View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a nice idea don't get me wrong, but it's just going to be torture having such a lengthy plan. You have stated you have failed to keep NC over the past 6 months many times. Which means you can't even guarantee yourself that it wouldn't happen again.

I suggest getting through each day for a while. Once you are able to get through a day, then another, then another, that is when you increase that goal to a week, once you get through one week, then another, then another, that's when you increase that goal.

Recovery is about taking steps, they don't have to be gigantic leaps. Baby steps are just as important and just as effective.

I in no way judge you for breaking NC, we have all done it. I just feel that you'd benefit and feel the benefit's a lot more from starting off with a smaller NC Goal. just till you are used to it.

Very true...I'm setting smaller goals...like making it a day...then to a week....and another week and another week
Jenny1234 is offline   Reply With Quote