Getting stuff Back!

So... as my earlier post states (I left it yesterday, and I haven't had many replies, and I could definetly use some!!!) my ex and I have been broken up for a little over a month, and haven't spoke in a month. Now here is my problem. She has my old laptop. I leant it to her when we were togehter, and I want it back. Granted it will probably go into my basement and never be used again, but its the damn principle of the matter! You know? Now I don't want to be the one to break the silence, and seem like I am coming up with an excuse to talk to her... so how do I go about getting my computer back????

Thanks!!

Is it really worth the trouble of initiating the contact with her just to get an old laptop back that you will never use? If anything, I'd wait for her to talk to you and then bring it up in conversation. I gave a computer to a girl once and I was so pissed at her, I just let her keep it. She ended up spilling Coke on it and screwed it up. So balls to her.

I understand the principle of the thing, but making that right is not worth what you would have to go through to get it. Besides asking a friend to go over there and ask her for it, I'd just let it go.

kinipela321

was it a nasty break up? I am judging by you text-tone that it was...

How old is she? I mean, I am in my early 30's (cough, cough) and i would surely be mature enough to send anything back to an ex or at least give the courtesy call advising him that i am in posession of it & telling him that i am sending it UPS or something. But the choice is yours.

Certainly, you have every right to have your things back. Call her up, tell her maturely & nicely that you would like to have your laptop and whatever else she has of yours and arrange to get them or have them sent (preferreably with a tracking # -- i dont know much of the background here, so always cover your hieney)....

Again, the choice is yours.

Good Luck.

kinipela321

wait - i misread your post ---

an old laptop that is going to probably sit in the basement? Why waste your time??????????????

Disregard my initial reply...

Don't waste your time. For something like that --- i would imagine you're only doing it to make contact with her. If it's something that you wouldnt give a rat's a** about, then she probably couldnt either...

WHEW -- i feel so much BETTER!!

GOOD LUCK