How do I handle work?

I broke off my relationship over 2 months ago now. I still think "did I do the right thing" knowing I did. The relationship really was rock bottom, I had no contact with anyone he hated me being with anyone except him. As he said years ago "i have him now". For a very long time I was in his pocket so to speak. I never went anywhere without him we also lived and worked together in the same space for 5 years. Now he has gone and moved back in with his ex wife with his kids that he has not been interested in for 7 years within 2 weeks of us splitting! convenience? I think so but I have to see him at work and he's smug and smarmy. I hate it but i front it out.

What else can I do?

Confusedguy81

Avoid talking to him at work unless it concerns work. I would set the boundaries as soon as he acts like he is going to cross it. Let him know that you will act professionally around him and that is the extent of the relationship.

You poor thing. One of the places I go now to keep busy and stop thinking about my EX is my job and I thank god for it. Maybe you should look for a new job. It would be very hard to see him everyday and if he is being a jerk then that just makes it that much harder.

• Author

I have an excellent job with a lot of friends there and I refuse to leave it because of him and I think he would love that. If I am honest I am hoping ex wife number one who he is with now will get the hump soon and make him leave.

I know he makes remarks to people about me as they tell me and I also know that he has totally lied about why we broke up. We crossed each other paths a few nights ago and I just blanked him totally wrong I know but this is still hurting like hell for me while he seems so blase and happy. He knows what he did to me in our relationship and he knows why i ended it but hes so facey.