How do I politely tell my ex to leave me alone?

I need your suggestion on something.

One of my exes keeps popping up in my life. He didn't treat me right when we were together so I left him over a year ago. Is there a way that I can tell them to leave me alone without sounding rude? I know a lot of you are going to say I shouldn't care, but I'm a civil person. As such I'd like to handle this in a civil manner. I'm willing to consider any GOOD advice. Thanks!

Best way to just remove your ex from your life is NC. Ignorance is way harder for your ex than sending him hateful messages. Once you ignore, he will get the hint that you no longer want him in your life.

• Like 1

Why is there a need to be civil to someone that treated you unkindly. There is nothing wrong with ignoring. Just straight NC.

If you really need to say something (and I hope it isn't because you want to be perceived as a "nice" person), you can just say the next time he contacts, "Hi XXX, it's been nice hearing from you, however, I would like to please request that we cease contact. I hope you understand. I wish you well and good luck to you." Then go NC. He'll probably ask why, just ignore.

• Like 1
forgetmenot75

Ignore him. don't pick up the phone, con't message him back, don't agree to meet him. He'll get the message, believe me.

Or you can simply say to him you're not interested and to please stop contacting you.

Best thing to do is ignore. If he doesn't catch the hint and it's starting to bother you, let him know how it makes you feel and be honest. "I'm glad you're doing well, but Id appreciate if you stopped contacting me. It is hurtful for me and I need you to stop." Something along those lines. Honest, polite, but firm.