Having a tough time after break up

Stig of the dumps

Stig of the dumps

Help!!

Here is my back story. Me and my ex met about three years ago when she had a boyfriend. We quickly became close and she told me she had fallen in love with me. In the end we decided to just stay friends so she could try and work things out with this guy, we actually proceeded to make out occasionally for the next year. She then broke up with her BF and after a few months we got together. (Both in our late 20's)

We we're together for a year and a half, she was a great GF, we we're very much in love, got on great with each other's family, moved in together and had a generally amazing time...and I even planned to propose on our Feb vacation as she was bugging me about doing it so much.

About a month and a half before she split with me, she started seeing a therapist for depression. She became, so cold most of the time, but sometimes she would be really loving again, so I thought it would be ok. I offered her all the support I could, but she said the only person she could talk to was this other dude, so started spending a lot of time with him.

So in the end, I said I didn't want her not talking to me, as I found it a real drag. She said she loved me but didn't want to hurt me so wanted to split. She then said she needed a few days to think, which I gave her but it was the same decision. She said I was her best friend and that even if I didn't want to be friends she wouldn't allow that.

I've been pretty mature, moved out, paid off the bills, didn't hassle her. When we said good bye I told her I loved her, she said she loved me too.

I'm now on day 30 of no contact. She has only text me once, to which I did a light hearted fun reply. I really miss this chick. Any advice on reconciliation would make my day.

**I've out with this other guy a few times, but not sure if they're just friends or not.

Philosoraptor

She is the classic branch grabber. She doesn't bolt from a relationship until she has someone else lined up, just like a monkey doesn't let go of one branch until he has a grip on another. She did it from the guy before you to you, and now from you to this other guy.

She did a great job of making you feel sorry for her while she dumped you, and she also knows she has you around to rebound back to.

• Author
Stig of the dumps

Yeah I think your right. There is an obvious pattern. I think I just got all caught up with the romantic idea that what we had was different. I'm pretty sure I don't want friendship with her if she does come crawling back. Thanks!