Going on 2 months NC, still tempted to break it

I don't ****ing get it. I had a pretty good day, stayed completely busy. Went to lunch with some of my family, went to school, went to work and got home late tonight and almost immediately all I can think about is her. I want to punch her number into my phone or unblock her on Facebook and see how she's doing and see if she's broken up with whoever else she's been seeing yet.

Almost a year broken up now and 2 months NC and EVERY night is like this now and it seems to be getting worse. So what am I doing NC wrong? What gives? I'm trying my best to stay busy but there's only so much I can do in a day before my mind invariably turns back to her :(

Simon Phoenix
I don't ****ing get it. I had a pretty good day, stayed completely busy. Went to lunch with some of my family, went to school, went to work and got home late tonight and almost immediately all I can think about is her. I want to punch her number into my phone or unblock her on Facebook and see how she's doing and see if she's broken up with whoever else she's been seeing yet.

Almost a year broken up now and 2 months NC and EVERY night is like this now and it seems to be getting worse. So what am I doing NC wrong? What gives? I'm trying my best to stay busy but there's only so much I can do in a day before my mind invariably turns back to her :(

I think you need to see a counselor. You are stuck and maybe a professional can help you wade through the muck. I will say that the two-three month point of NC is the worst part of the process after the first week or so, so what you are feeling is somewhat normal. The fact that you are a year out and feeling this is because you kept cheating and cutting corners in your recovery. You just have to ride this out, but if it helps to talk to someone, go do that.

Completely normal. It takes as long as it takes my man. It took me almost a year and a half to get over someone. It's even harder because though you've been broken up a year, NC has only been two months. That's gotta suck, because if you had started NC when you broke up, you'd probably be over her by now. Just hang in there, one day at a time. You'll get through it. Good luck man.

• Like 1
  • Author

I probably do need some counseling and also a doctor to help with my problems of depression, anxiety, self esteem issues... the list goes on. But I've been way too embarrassed about all of this to really talk to anyone about it. I know it's bad to be embarrassed or ashamed about mental illness but honestly that's the way I've been feeling about it.

I'm sitting up at 2am now just staring at my phone, hoping for a text or something even though it's been two ****ing months since I last contacted her and she probably doesn't even think about me anymore. Honestly it's even more embarrassing I haven't moved on from all of this **** yet and if she knew she would probably laugh in my face about it. She's been done for almost a year now. She's perfectly happy with her life now, and all I was good for was as a stepping stone for her when she was depressed and I even failed at that. She was depressed even after our break up, admitted that she used me, and then promptly tried to cut me from her life and move on. If I had actually been able to make her happy things might have been different. Guess I'll never know.

Edited by Chris715
Simon Phoenix
I probably do need some counseling and also a doctor to help with my problems of depression, anxiety, self esteem issues... the list goes on. But I've been way too embarrassed about all of this to really talk to anyone about it. I know it's bad to be embarrassed or ashamed about mental illness but honestly that's the way I've been feeling about it.

I'm sitting up at 2am now just staring at my phone, hoping for a text or something even though it's been two ****ing months since I last contacted her and she probably doesn't even think about me anymore. Honestly it's even more embarrassing I haven't moved on from all of this **** yet and if she knew she would probably laugh in my face about it. She's been done for almost a year now. She's perfectly happy with her life now, and all I was good for was as a stepping stone for her when she was depressed and I even failed at that. She was depressed even after our break up, admitted that she used me, and then promptly tried to cut me from her life and move on. If I had actually been able to make her happy things might have been different. Guess I'll never know.

You are only two months removed because you spent 10 months in denial about the break. Whatever you do, you can't be lazy and cut corners again, because then you'll just reset to zero. You've put this off long enough, it's time to man up (for lack of a better term) and ride out the storm.

• Like 1