is she having a case of GIGS?

so my story is that my girlfriend broke up with me because she didn't want to put effort in our relationship anymore. things have been rocky for awhile. She told me she loves me, but not on love. said I deserve more. I asked her " can't we try to overcome this? we can work this out." She explained that's shes jaded and can't love anyone. fast forward a month later i find out shes already dating. I talked to her about him, and she won't give me a straight answer. Anyways I'm feeling the pain now, because everything shes been telling me is a lie. I just want to tell her how I feel, and want to win her heart back before things get serious with this other dude.

• Like 1

I've got a feeling my case and yours are very similair.

anyway, what I'm doing is: I was a great boyfriend, and my girlfriend didnt put in as much as I was, and also she didnt want to put in effort anymore at the end of the relationship, so broke up.

well **** her, right?

you can find a girl who is willing to give you AS MUCH as you are giving, so why waste on this one girl? I know, easier said than done, I know.

but this is my mind-set now. and it works. as hard as it is, try to get over her... there's more to love besides her, trust me. you'll love someone else more than you love her, even if that seems impossible at this point..

stay strong buddy, you're not alone in this!

Philosoraptor

Your relationship was rocky and she wanted to move on. She went out with the least amount of guilt she could and moved on with her life. She may have even been scouting guys while you two were together since things were so rocky, and had him lined up as her future before she ended things with you.

Go NC, stop worrying about what's going on in her life, heal up, take care of yourself, and move on.

• Author

So you wouldn't say this is gigs... she was always saying she wants to be with a certain kind of guy, not me. I'm afraid shes not making the right choices with her rebound. She told me we both need time to heal.

ConfusedHumanBeing

It doesn't matter what it was. Why do you need to put labels on it? Fact is she broke up with you and that's really all there is to it.

Start healing

Philosoraptor
So you wouldn't say this is gigs... she was always saying she wants to be with a certain kind of guy, not me. I'm afraid shes not making the right choices with her rebound. She told me we both need time to heal.

She said it clearly, she wants to be with a certain kind of guy who is not you. And you can't control her choices. If she makes bad ones she needs to live with them.

She may end up on heroin and pregnant, she may marry the next guy she meets and live happily ever after... either way it's not your job to guide her.

You handle this the same way you handle any other breakup. Heal up, take care of yourself, and start the process of moving on.