Being misunderstood

I'm into my 3rd day of NC, she ended it on Sunday and I told her if that is what she wants I can't be in contact with her because it would be too painful and I would be looking for hope. I did send some texts in the afternoon on Sunday and she replied but I found them rather patronizing and I told her so, I told her I know she means well but she can't help so don't try. She ended up emailing me later that night with a link to some medical information that I was asking about, not a big deal, I didn't reply and that has been it.

I have had ups and downs during the past 3 days but I'm pretty certain I can stay NC. I may cross paths with her maybe once a week but I can just nod my head and say hi and that is all it needs to be, but I will try to avoid it. She ended it because of doubts and that is fine, I don't want to be with somebody that I constantly need to reassure, it seems that happier we were there was more of a need for reassurance. Anyway that is just my side of it.

The real problem I am having with this is that I'm left with the fact that I was constantly being misunderstood by her or her just sticking with believing what she wants to believe. I could give examples but the basic form of it is that I would say something, let's call it X, that she would interpret as Y, I would explain that X doesn't mean Y and that she misunderstood me. Fast forward, let's say 2 or 3 weeks and she brings up Y again totally disregarding my explanation of X. And these aren't things that are about being right or wrong either. I know this can be a problem between men and women and how they view things but I'm feeling that it goes beyond that and what I'm left is just that I wasn't being seen as who I really am if she was constantly making these assumptions, even after explaining things. And yes, I have questioned her about these misrepresentations of what I say and she even twisted that around. Has anyone been through this and how did you handle it to make the pain easier to deal with?