Ray of hope for the hurt but proceed with caution

IS IT Better late

IS IT Better late

So I haven't posted on here for sometime now. You can prob find my story if you click on my profile.

I come here to give some hope to those who are hurt and want their ex back and are not sure how to proceed.

First I want to say I'm not sure how my story is going to end up and I could end up back here just as messed up as I was a few months back so that's why I say proceed with caution.

Against the advice of many on LS I would respond to me ex's breadcrumb texts. I tried to implement NC but without fail she would text me every 2-weeks and I always felt like it was her way of keeping the connection and also her way to find out what was going on in my life.

So after about 4-months of breadcrumbs and I will admit I initiated contact sometimes we finally met up again. We've been on a bunch of dates over the last month and half or so and it feels great to have her back in my life and I'm very grateful b/c I know so many never get a second chance.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions but things are going well right now but its way too early to tell if this story has a happy ending.

So my advice to others in this situation is if you've been dumped but your ex hasn't completely closed the door on you. Pull back from them as much as you can tolerate. Leave them alone and if they still have some desire to be a part of your life they will make a move towards you.

If that move never comes from them then you've gotten your answer and you know how to proceed. But if they try to keep the connection via texting or phonecalls. Take it one contact at a time and see how they play it out.

If you choose to ignore them, you're stronger than me!

Good luck!

So I haven't posted on here for sometime now. You can prob find my story if you click on my profile.

I come here to give some hope to those who are hurt and want their ex back and are not sure how to proceed.

First I want to say I'm not sure how my story is going to end up and I could end up back here just as messed up as I was a few months back so that's why I say proceed with caution.

Against the advice of many on LS I would respond to me ex's breadcrumb texts. I tried to implement NC but without fail she would text me every 2-weeks and I always felt like it was her way of keeping the connection and also her way to find out what was going on in my life.

So after about 4-months of breadcrumbs and I will admit I initiated contact sometimes we finally met up again. We've been on a bunch of dates over the last month and half or so and it feels great to have her back in my life and I'm very grateful b/c I know so many never get a second chance.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions but things are going well right now but its way too early to tell if this story has a happy ending.

So my advice to others in this situation is if you've been dumped but your ex hasn't completely closed the door on you. Pull back from them as much as you can tolerate. Leave them alone and if they still have some desire to be a part of your life they will make a move towards you.

If that move never comes from them then you've gotten your answer and you know how to proceed. But if they try to keep the connection via texting or phonecalls. Take it one contact at a time and see how they play it out.

If you choose to ignore them, you're stronger than me!

Good luck!

First, good for you for being honest with yourself. I don't believe there's a correct or wrong way to go about break ups. Every situation is very different. Sometimes people hurt you in a way that there's no going back. Sometimes is just a bad fight or a misunderstanding. Your case is probably different than most. I also feel like my case is a bit different too so as I'm not hopeful about getting back together. Lots would need to change....but who knows. Life is always full of surprises. Maybe I will meet someone new tomorrow. You just never know. In the meantime it's important to live in the present and focus on yourself. I wish you nothing but the best and hope it all works out for you two. I really do! If not, that's OK too. You know better now and you can move on for good.