Update from Jan Breakup

We had dated a year, everything was going golden and marriage was discussed, all that jazz. Then she kicked me out of the house we lived in together and dumped me in a text, leaving a new list of things I'd done wrong every few days.

I was quite depressed for the first three months, seemingly unable to do anything aside from lying around. I rallied round in time to have the best semester of my law school career in May, and have had a leisurely summer thus far. I don't think about her too often, despite her being my first love. I even spent some time with another lady to make myself feel better, but ultimately cut that out because it simply wasn't the same.

It gets better, the pain and what not. Time really is the great healer. On the other side of the coin of course, I just checked her facebook for the first time in two months. Its just a photo of her smiling, looking beautiful. All the same feelingS of sadness and love came rushing back to me; even six months later I can't look at her without wanting to cry.

Just keep your head out of the whole rot for a long while, that's what I plan to do. Cheers, heartbreak hill.