My ex blocked me, unblocked me a week later, then blocked me again a week later. Why?

blackcrow37

We've been broken up officially for about three weeks, he dumped me because of long distance. First time he blocked me I told him to do it because I couldn't stop myself from talking to him. A week later, he unblocks me. A week later, he blocks me again.

I don't know why, I haven't been tried to contact him since the first time he blocked me. And we're not friends, so its not like I show up on his feed or can see that much on his profile.

I mean if he just wanted to see my page and then block me right away, why did he wait a week? Why block me again? I wasn't bugging him

Don't tell me I shouldn't care because he's my ex, because I do care, because I still love him and want to know why he's doing this.

And yes, I'll own up to that I creep his page, what little I can see of it. But I miss him.

Well, I WILL tell you you shouldn't care - even if you do.

You're No Contact and actually, you should have blocked him by now.

All this is doing is causing you anxiety, emotional pain, and anguish and preventing you from moving on.

You're stuck.

You're staying stuck, and you're the one who's doing it.

The problem is, you can't ask him, and even if you were to ask him it would only add to the sadness, because any form of contact is painful.

In fact, flossing your nostrils with razor wire and sticking needles under your nails is marginally LESS painful.

We can't answer this question for you with any degree of certainty.

We can only give you hypothetical and surmise.

But really - you should be doing the blocking.

And quit peeking.

It doesn't make you feel any better.

Very much the opposite, in fact.

• Author
blackcrow37

I know I should stop peeking. Ugh. I'm sure if I hadn't left the country we would still be together. He said he still loved me, just being separated by the pacific is too much.

I guess being here I'm hoping that someone will tell me what I want to hear, that he's doing it because yes he still cares and loves you. Which will just give me false hope that we can reconcile someday, which is never going to happen because we are from two different countries and met in another country other than our own.

Which is bad. I hate international law.

International Law has very little to do about being together.

A friend of a friend of mine, named Isaac (yes, he's Jewish) has just married an Iranian girl (yes she's Muslim) and they didn't meet in Switzerland, either.

• Author
blackcrow37

International Law prevents me from going back to the country for any extended period of time, poverty keeps me from buying a $1500 ticket to go visit, and time difference and work means that when I'm not working or sleeping, he is. Congratulations on your friends for overcoming these obstacles, not so easy for everyone.

Well, I don't know them personally, but the point I was trying to make is that with a joint will and determination, people who really desire an outcome can accomplish much.

I don't know how it came about for them, but it sounds as if the International law problem wasn't actually the issue with you two.

The issue was that actually, he stopped 'feeling it'.

Your ex ended it because he said -

"Im trying to take a little break to sort out my mind. I'm still so completely stressed every day even. I just need a little while longer to sort through my brain. Please...just give me a few more days to think."

...Which is basically, a polite way of (or a pre-cursor to) breaking up.

Nobody wants 'space' from someone they want to work with to commit to.

The guy wants off the hook.

I'm sorry, but the circumstances of your being far apart may cxertainly be a factor - but they needn't be.

There's something else, and the 'something else' is that he really wants to end this, because it's possible that someone else has clouded his mind.

Someone else being another woman, that is.

We've been broken up officially for about three weeks, he dumped me because of long distance. First time he blocked me I told him to do it because I couldn't stop myself from talking to him. A week later, he unblocks me. A week later, he blocks me again.

I don't know why, I haven't been tried to contact him since the first time he blocked me. And we're not friends, so its not like I show up on his feed or can see that much on his profile.

I mean if he just wanted to see my page and then block me right away, why did he wait a week? Why block me again? I wasn't bugging him

Don't tell me I shouldn't care because he's my ex, because I do care, because I still love him and want to know why he's doing this.

And yes, I'll own up to that I creep his page, what little I can see of it. But I miss him.

I think that you are acting this way because you are alone in another country and you are holding on to these feelings of comfort from your own. The blocking/unblocking on his part just shows you how messed his mind is. Block him because he is playing immature games and it's REALLY bothering you. I've blocked people before. BOOM! done! some ppl can do LDR others can't, he can't. So, block him.