Advice on a tough situation

I need some advice on what to do in this situation. My ex and I had just broken up about 3 weeks ago after dating since December. We broke up because of she had no time to spend with me because she had school full time and work full time. So I told her either we were going to try to make this work or not. She felt that she just didn't have time for a relationship right now so we broke up. But she still wanted to remain friends, and I said I couldn't do that since I still had feelings for her. Since then I have been trying the "no contact" with her for the past 3 weeks.

Here is the situation, I work with my EX. We almost have the same exact same schedual. These past weeks have been really tough, I have totally ignored her in every way, I try not to make any sort of eye contact with her and try not to talk to her. The only time we have talked since then was about a week after the break up she asked if I wanted to goto lunch and I said no. When I do make eye contact with her she always smiles at me and she knows that is the one thing that I loved about her was her smile.

I still miss her allot and I still think about her every day. I really wanted to talk to her today, but I didn't. I don't want her to think that I'm a d*ck or that I don't care about her anymore, but what can I do? Do I talk to her or wait for her to talk to me?

Some advise would be greatly appreciated.

DerangedAngel
Do I talk to her or wait for her to talk to me?

It depends on what you want.

Do you want to try again? If so, it sounds like she might be open to it. You seem to be the one that initiated the break up anyway.

If you don't want a relationship with her, then I'd leave her alone until you're completely over the past. I know it's hard to do that since you work together, but, if you don't want to date her, and you can't just be friends, then what will talking to her do besides hurt the both of you?

Good luck.

-Deranged

• Author

I would like to try again, but I don't know if she wants too at this time. I wanted to try to work things out but she wanted to break up cause she had no time to spend with me. Before I only saw her like once every 2-3 weeks. I just don't want to go back to that.

LoveHerMadly

I also work with my ex, and it can be brutal at times. She gave me the old "I don't have the time to give you" and "I can't give myself to you completely right now" lines. She really does have alot of personal issues to work out, so I have cut her alot of slack and told her that I am here for her if she needs me.

It's funny because one day she will go out of her way to talk, and the next day she will go out of her way to ignore me. And she knows ignoring me really pisses me off. No contact really isn't an option, she works just a few feet away. We used to be best friends and were virtually inseperable while we were at work. I almost think I would be fine with this "Break" if I didn't have to see her everyday, and I think that she would miss me if she didn't see me everyday too. I also think the reason she doesn't call anymore is because she knows she will see me at work. The trouble is, it is almost impossible to have a serious conversation in that environment.

On the other hand, we would never have met if we didn't work together. It is a double edged sword to be sure.

We have a date planned for next Saturday (our first since the break up almost two months ago), and I am convinced she tried to piss me off the other day so I would break the date (she ignored me basically all day). I didn't give her the satisfaction, so if she changed her mind about going out she is going to have to break the date. She has never given closure to our relationship, she tells me to this day that I was the best person she had ever been with. She agreed to this date without hesitation, but she never calls me anymore at all. I just don't get it...

It has been the most painful 7 weeks of my life, and I still miss her really bad.

• Author

A confusing situation happened at work today. as you all know that i haven't been speaking to my ex for awhile now, which is still really hard since i still work with her. we both work in different departments she is in sales and i work in install. well today she goes to lunch with one of the sales guys. later on during the day the guy she goes to lunch with comes to the install bay and says "look at what your girlfriend did to me" (he got hit in the face with a rubberband and left a welt). he really wasn't mad but just wanted to show me.

What i don't understand is why she hasn't told anybody that we have broken up? when we were dating she would always tell everybody everything that we did together, but why not this? most everybody in my department know that we aren't together anymore, and i guess i assumed that everybody in sales knew that we were not together anymore, since we never talk or goto lunch together.

Is there a reason that she hasn't told anybody? or does she think that its not a big deal and thinks that it doesn't need to be told to anyone?

Just confused and looking for some answers.