Am I being played???

Hi all,

I'll give it to you short and sweet....

My ex-bf and I have been in contact over the past month. A few emails and calls per week. We broke up almost 4 months ago. We had an LDR for over 1.5 years. Twords the end, there was a lot of fighting (on my part) and distancing (on his part). He ended it, and needed the classic "time and space," and told me to go on and live my life. Now that we've been in contact (mostly b/c I'm moving closer by him...for school...not to be together) he's been saying that he misses me, that he thinks about me everyday and that he misses cuddling, and just feeling the comfort of being around one another. I'm cautious to get close again. I don't want to go through the pain again. But we decided were in a gray area, that we can't do anything about our situation until were in the same city, and then we'll see what happens. His contact with me is fickle, though. One minute he'll be calling and emailing all the time, and then I'll go for days without hearing from him. I last emailed him on Wednesday, and I haven't heard back. Of course I start to wonder if he's ignoring me, or if his feelings have changed yet again! Am I being played? Is this a bad situation to put myself through? Should I say something to him, like do you want me or not?!

Music Lover

That is a tough one. Maybe you should just let it rest until you are in the same town with him. I think it is so hard to geta feel for what another person is thinking or feeling unless you are face to face with them. And it sounds to me like he is confused.

• Author

That's true. I have to take a "wait and see" approach. But unfortunately I still have deep rooted feelings for this guy and it's so hard to sit back and concentrate on my own life, while I still want to be with him. I haven't contacted him since Wednesday, and he still has not responded back. You say he seems confused. I agree, but should it have to be so confusing? If you really love someone, and want to be together, you should know one way or the other. Right? Does confusion usually mean that a guy wants to see other people?