Dumped for your twin

Has this happened to you?

Not only has your ex started dating right after or even right before the breakup, but the new person bears an uncanny resemblance to you. I cant be the only one in this boat!

nomoreshallwepart

Happened to me not so long ago (see http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/396443-what-new-bf-my-ex-mimicking-me) - when I have shown the picture of my ex gf's old-new bf to my father, he thought that it's my photo...

I'd say that you should be happy about the situation - I certainly am. Not only is the imitation the most sincere form of flattery, but it also shows that either your ex is not truly over you or their new SO feels so insecure that he/she has to 'become you' to maintain their relationship status. Move on and when the time comes grab your popcorn and enjoy the trainwreck.

• Like 3
BrokenHeartedSavior
Happened to me not so long ago (see http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/396443-what-new-bf-my-ex-mimicking-me) - when I have shown the picture of my ex gf's old-new bf to my father, he thought that it's my photo...

I'd say that you should be happy about the situation - I certainly am. Not only is the imitation the most sincere form of flattery, but it also shows that either your ex is not truly over you or their new SO feels so insecure that he/she has to 'become you' to maintain their relationship status. Move on and when the time comes grab your popcorn and enjoy the trainwreck.

Classic!!! Love it!

• Like 1

Yes! My ex of 3 years broke up with me and started dating a new girl only two weeks later... who looks very similar to me. Everyone thinks so. Even my best friends have said that if they saw him and this girl walking together from across the street or sitting together in a restaurant, they would think we got back together. The only thing is that I have a bit of a slimmer figure than her... Whatever. It really bothered me at first but now I don't think about it so much.

• Author

My ex was stationed in my state when we met. He went home which is about 1000 miles away, but we continued to date. The whole time it was

"Youre amazing"

"Ive never had a girl be so nice to me" and the like.

He tells me we need to breakup because of his pending deployment.

New girl lives in my state, same body type, similar fashion style, could be mistaken for me from a distance. He dropped one ldr to be in another. Cuckoo!

This girl is into thug types. Her ex has the look as well as the men on fb she follows. X is a straight laced dork and nowhere near the thug type. I saw her ex asking for another chance. This will be fun! *grabs popcorn*

• Like 1

I remember my brothers ex from years ago got with her now husband whom is identical to my brother. My ex's new bf has a slight resemblance to me but im better looking,infact im stunning anyway, just saying :p

My ex was stationed in my state when we met. He went home which is about 1000 miles away, but we continued to date. The whole time it was

"Youre amazing"

"Ive never had a girl be so nice to me" and the like.

He tells me we need to breakup because of his pending deployment.

New girl lives in my state, same body type, similar fashion style, could be mistaken for me from a distance. He dropped one ldr to be in another. Cuckoo!

This girl is into thug types. Her ex has the look as well as the men on fb she follows. X is a straight laced dork and nowhere near the thug type. I saw her ex asking for another chance. This will be fun! *grabs popcorn*

I think you're my twin haha. My ex is in the military and also left our relationship for girl very similar to me who lives in my state. Like you he dropped one ldr to be in another. Honestly, I think I just wrote this.

• Author
I think you're my twin haha. My ex is in the military and also left our relationship for girl very similar to me who lives in my state. Like you he dropped one ldr to be in another. Honestly, I think I just wrote this.

Interesting...

At least I know a) distance wasnt the issue b) it happens to others. I thought I was alone. I wonder if on some level if they do this out of spite.

Interesting...

At least I know a) distance wasnt the issue b) it happens to others. I thought I was alone. I wonder if on some level if they do this out of spite.

Well I know my ex didn't do it out of spite. I never did a thing except love and support him and he knew it.

• Like 2
  • Author
Well I know my ex didn't do it out of spite. I never did a thing except love and support him and he knew it.

I feel you. Right before he brokeup with me he was talking about all the good things. At this point im more curious than anything. I still wouldnt be surprised if mine was looking for some kind of reaction.

Corridore I must apologize. I think I was dating your boyfriend!:laugh:

• Like 1
ForeverHopeful1

I have always dated guys who look alike. I mean, if it's a twin by blood that's wrong on both levels.. if she is just dating some guy with blonde hair, blue eyes and is 6" tall, then this is what she is attracted to. :(

I have always liked men who were 5'9''-6'2", who had brown hair and green eyes. I get what I want when I Want it. Im 5'4", blonde hair, blue eyes, 120lbs and built solid. I have v

Small breasts, great abs, great everything. Lol. To some men, their jaws drop. other men find me too skinny and my breasts too small.

With the exception the Indian and Chinese guys dated, all but looked similar. He was Filipino and had brown eyes and kept no facial hair. Even the Indian and.Chinese guys had the same features as everyone else.