My ex told be he's addicted to cocaine

After dating for two years, my ex and I broke up nearly 6 months ago. We've been trying, however, to get back together because we both still care about each other very deeply. Over the past few months we've been getting in numerous arguments because he constantly blows me off to hang out with his friends. He truly is a great guy though and treats me so well when we are together. Yesterday, he told me that he couldn't deal with the arguing anymore and that this just wasn't working for him. I was incredibly heartbroken because I'm still so in love with him regardless of his constant slip ups. We talked or a while and he insisted it wasn't my fault, he just needs some time to find himself. I was confused by this and when I asked him why he told me he is addicted to cocaine and thats the reason he's been blowing me off. I had absolutely no idea. I know that he's done it in the past and but i thought he had stopped. I told him over and over to get help and he just said he wanted to give it some time to try to stop on his own. We haven't talked today and I feel as though I don't have a place to nag him about reaching out because he ended things with me. I love him deeply though and I can't stand to see him ruin his life. I realize its not healthy to be in a relationship with him but I can't walk away all together in fear that it will only get worse. I just really need some advice on what to do, I've been so upset since I found out :( Should I tell his parents or take it upon myself to find him help? Please help mee!

After dating for two years, my ex and I broke up nearly 6 months ago. We've been trying, however, to get back together because we both still care about each other very deeply. Over the past few months we've been getting in numerous arguments because he constantly blows me off to hang out with his friends. He truly is a great guy though and treats me so well when we are together. Yesterday, he told me that he couldn't deal with the arguing anymore and that this just wasn't working for him. I was incredibly heartbroken because I'm still so in love with him regardless of his constant slip ups. We talked or a while and he insisted it wasn't my fault, he just needs some time to find himself. I was confused by this and when I asked him why he told me he is addicted to cocaine and thats the reason he's been blowing me off. I had absolutely no idea. I know that he's done it in the past and but i thought he had stopped. I told him over and over to get help and he just said he wanted to give it some time to try to stop on his own. We haven't talked today and I feel as though I don't have a place to nag him about reaching out because he ended things with me. I love him deeply though and I can't stand to see him ruin his life. I realize its not healthy to be in a relationship with him but I can't walk away all together in fear that it will only get worse. I just really need some advice on what to do, I've been so upset since I found out :( Should I tell his parents or take it upon myself to find him help? Please help mee!

it's great that you feel bad and want to help, but he dumped you, and he's not your responsibility. you offered, he rejected, so let him ruin his own life and don't YOU get drug (pun intended) down with him.

• Like 1