Still having trouble at social events?

It's been almost 6 months, and I'm still having trouble being at social events or places where I can't isolate myself. The breakup was not friendly at all, and it left me with a lot of issues. I get a lot of anxiety simply leaving my house, and I just don't know what to do about it. I've been in therapy, on medication, I've tried to just push through it... I'm scared it might progress. This isn't normal right? Especially six months after a breakup? There must be something wrong with me, right?

Six months is not always enough time for a person to heal. I would let your doctor know about how your feeling maybe you need an adjustment in your meds.Once you have conquered your anxiety you should be able to socialize better. I feel for you what a horrible feeling.

• Author
What is it that makes you anxious exactly?

I don't know, there isn't really a specific thing that I have figured out. It's just that when I'm out doing things, I tend to think about things more and then begin having a lot of anxiety. I used to have to take a certain medication whenever I would go out and do things, but I'm getting low on the prescription and I don't think they're going to prescribe me more of it, so I've been having a much harder time controlling it.

LostGirl11
I don't know, there isn't really a specific thing that I have figured out. It's just that when I'm out doing things, I tend to think about things more and then begin having a lot of anxiety. I used to have to take a certain medication whenever I would go out and do things, but I'm getting low on the prescription and I don't think they're going to prescribe me more of it, so I've been having a much harder time controlling it.

Things regarding your ex? Try not to venture out to overly big places, try going for walks, sitting in a quiet park for a couple of hours, sit in starbucks and people watch, ect...