Meeting to discuss things?

I felt good when after giving me the silent treatment for a week, he e-mailed and answered some of the questions I had about the end of our relationship. He admitted and apologized that he didn't feel the same way about me, that our relationship didn't have a viable future anymore.

I e-mailed him back, thanking him and I told him I still loved him and more than anything, I wish we could meet face to face to discuss things, that this wasn't desperation, it was a sincere desire to try and save the relationship. I then said that if he didn't feel that was right, I understood.

Today, he e-mails me and says if I want to talk, he owes me that. I don't know what to do. I don't know if this means he wants to try and save things as well. If he did, and would agree to something such as relationship counseling, I would talk to him. But if all he is going to do is reiterate that he doesn't want to be with me anymore, I don't know the point.

Anybody faced something similar and how did you deal with it? I appreciate any and all opinions.

cantforget

I have not been lucky enough to be given the opportunity to talk out my break up with my ex face to face. To be honest I dont think it sounds like he wants to get back together but believe me you can only gain positive from this. It may give you a chance to get some closure which will make it easier to move on. If you knock this back you may always wonder what would have been said, if I were you I couldn't handle that torture. If I were you I would want to meet and talk, but don't get your hopes up, take it for what it is, an opportunity for closure. Just my opinion anyway, good luck