The first message after NC for a year... what does it mean?

dabesdiabetic

So a year and a half ago I was dumped. I don't feel like typing the story but here are the main points. Dated for 3 years, she went away to school, parents hated me and tried any and everything to sabotage us, she made me move with money I saved to the same state her school was in and try to find a job (which I couldn't), begged me to stay with her before she left, joined a sorority, dumped me days before she was suppose to come see me on spring break freshman year with no disclosure. I moved back to home then to Boston.

A year and a couple months No contact I get an email from my ex. It was short: Hey, I know you probably don't want to hear from me but I wanted to make sure you were okay with everything that had happened (bombings). I heard from a friend you live out there now (congrats) and have a new gf. I hope you both are safe.

My reply was this: Thank you so much for your concern, BLANK and I are home safely. But, in the future please don't contact me for anything.

I didn't tell anyone about the email well because I am truly over her and with a girl who's perfect for me but it did send me on a small roller coaster of emotions after not getting closure for anything and everything that had happened a year and a half ago.

• Like 1

It means diddly squat.

You did the right thing by saying what you said in the email. Short and to the point.

Her attempt at trying to talk to you means nothing. She doesn't mean anything to you anymore, so why should it matter?

• Like 1
BustedUpInside

I think you handled that perfectly. The email was nice, but to the point. I like that you added that there didn't need to be any further communication. It is nice to hear that even after a break up without the necessary closure, it is possible to move on to a better and more healthy outlook and relationship:D