Let Them Go and Let Good Things Happen To You

So, I got dumped almost exactly 3 months ago. I've been NC for almost exactly one month getting everything back in order. The month before that was almost NC. The month before that was us still talking pretty regularly about what the heck was happening, initiation from both sides.

I basically jumped back into dating right away, because that is what gave me a boost back into the life of the living after my first LTR break up. We're talking I had a date, the day after we broke up. I've probably met about 10-12 girls and gone out for drinks since then. More of an confidence rebuilder and keeping me busy occupied and having some fun, meeting new faces.

Until now, I met this girl and she's something special. She is the full package, beautiful, sweet, smart, a doctor, supportive family, and she's crazy about me. It's still early on at this point, but I feel like there could be something here. She sends me cute, sexy messages when she gets out of the operating room and she even took the time to write me while she was vacationing in Switzerland. Let me tell you, having someone excited to talk to you is 1,000,000x better than waiting around for awkward breadcrumbs from a mediocre ex.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this, maybe to let people know there are other special people out there and they want to be with us dumpee's if we get ourselves to a place where we can let them. All those things that you settled for in your ex, bad communication, lying, emotional issues, a sordid past, there are people out there that don't have any of that and they want to be with you.

Hang in there all of those who are hurting. I know it feels like you're dying inside and that no one else can match your ex, but that isn't the case. I know the obsession can be life shaking, Do they still think about me? Are they dating anyone? etc etc Be kind to yourself, do whatever it is you need to vent and laugh and feel happy, even if you have to pretend at first. Because there is an amazing guy or gal right around the corner and they have been waiting their whole life to run into someone like you.

• Like 6
BustedUpInside

This is a great post. I really appreciate you sharing the fact that when people heal and are ready to move on, there are going to be people out there who want to be with them.

Thank you! :D

• Like 1
Let me tell you, having someone excited to talk to you is 1,000,000x better than waiting around for awkward breadcrumbs from a mediocre ex.

Quote of the day! :cool:

• Like 3

Amen to you!!! Thank you for sharing your past and present. Gives me courage to be ready (mentally and physically) for someone out there for me! :)

Good energy type post. Love it!

This was an excellent post and exactly what I needed to hear so thanks for contributing this. Although I am in the midst of a mutual break up, it still hurts to let this person go. She merely supports my sexual desires as she is a stone cold ten, but she is not fulfilling my emotional needs which is causing insecurities and stagnating my growth.

Although I was feeling the same heartache I feel right now one year ago, but with a different female, I know in time I will meet another one. Just like the one I'm writing about now helped me get over the last one. It seems to be a revolving door until the right one sticks.

If anything, you have pushed me to go out and start meeting more people. May I ask where you met this new women you are seeing?

The message from this poster is basically not to treat yourself as a victim after a breakup. Obviously you feel confused initially, but what happens happens for a reason. If the breakup isn't now, it may be after marriage and then you'll have bigger problems.

I always find that if you forgive the person who dumped you and move on, the next one seemed to be a better package than the last. I agree with the original poster as it has been my experience.

• Like 1
  • Author

We met through eharmony actually, the only person I've been interested in from there. I work right across the street from the hospital where she's a resident, so we've probably crossed paths at some point.

• Like 1
BustedUpInside

Awww, it's like it was meant to be. No matter what you would've met up at some point. That is great!