My exgirlfriend has gone back to her ex..

I have recently been dating this girl. We didn't date long, but it just felt right, haha. Well i found out that she kept talking to her ex while she and I were dating, and one day while they were texting, she told him that she loved him. and i got the screenshot as well. But anyway the day i found that out i broke up with her. She came back to me the next day and all was fine because she said she was gonna do everything she can to make him stop. Well one of my friends told me to not treat her the same way i did until she completely gets over her ex and she stops talking to him. Well she said i completely changed and i pretty much did, but then she canceled prom with me and said that it would be best if she and i never spoke again. When this happened i went into shock. A friend of mine told me to tell her that i was taking someone else to make her jealous and make her go with me... well that didn't work out. She got all mad at me and wouldn't talk to me.

I wrote her a letter on my feelings and then convinced her to go to prom with me, but she said only as friends. and she then texted me saying that she and I won't ever be more than friends. That just killed me inside. Well my friends have told me to do the No Contact rule, but how can I if we have class together and Prom is this Friday, and we still have things to plan for it.

I've also seen her walk and talk with her ex (who basically treated her like ****) And it kills me to see them together. I treat her as a friend now though. I don't talk to her much only after class and strictly about prom, I don't hug her anymore, and I don't even text her. But i have noticed her looking at me during class at times, but hey she might just be looking through me. And when i do see her with her ex i just ignore it and act like nothing is happening.

I'm really thinking about canceling prom, but its in a few days, and her friends already made reservations for us and them for a restaurant. I don't want to look stupid either, or look mean. I remember telling her that i didn;t want to be a rebound, and she told me that i wasn't, she in fact told me that she wanted to be with me for a long time. I feel like i was used. I feel as if she was the one who dumped me.I just don't know how it all happened, once we are happy together and the next I am hurt. I really don't know what to do, but what i do know is that I want her back. Any advise please.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

I dont know about anyone else, but this is one thing about relationships and this site that confounds the hell out of me. You never hear any stories of people getting dumped getting back together. Its all over ..Period.. If you hang around here a while you realize that reconciliations do not exist..

Then you read stories like this or "he texted his ex" or "she slept with the ex"..etc...Then I just scratch my head...huh??

Sorry for your pain, OP...Just hang in there,,,

TFY

• Like 1

I think the people who reconcile don't dwell on their breakup the way some do.

Eye opening, no? :o

Blckrooster46

I don't want to be a dick man but **** her. Going to prom will solidify you as her "friend" and you will look weak, as though just being near her is enough for you. (I understand that it may be enough all I want is to be near my ex but I don't act like it) Be strong around her brotha, put you foot down and tell her to go to hell, okay maybe don't be mean but just be like "I don't see how lying to ourselves for a day will help anything for either of us, and as much as I care about you I am not about to do that to myself. I hope you're happy with your decision and new life but I am not going to be a part of it." Something like so she an see you standing up for yourself and being decisive, being her friend will ruin any chance you have of getting her back (which you probably won't after some time) your too good for her man and trust me she will wake up and realize that one day when she's alone or with another dude who treats her like ****. You are young man and the best advice I can give is hide your heart till you are older, woman are going to be fools for the next 5 or so years and tear your heart out because they are idiots. Have fun, screw around, and save love for someone who deserves it and proves that to you. Source: young love.

• Like 2

I've seen one get back together with their ex on this site. I'm sure there are others. Yet I never let it make me think that it will happen to me. That's the part you have to control

soccerrprp

In this matter, you're being played like a newly strung guitar. She treated you like crap by keeping in contact with her ex while dating you, you played your hand it didn't work out the way you intended and now she's getting you according to the terms that she has established that best meets HER needs. You are being played and since you want more, this will not bode well. What do you think will happen after prom? Can you be friends with her? You said that you couldn't.

Well, you could cancel with her and go have fun anyway or do it and swallow any pride you have left knowing the chances are good that she may be flirting with her ex, or after it's said and done, she'll be gone.

I could be wrong, but the choice is yours. Oh, by the way, I do not recommend skipping the prom. It's the only one you're going to have and you should go out and have fun. Besides, you don't want an insensitive ex controlling that part of your life too.

Good luck.

Abcd123456

OP you don't want to hear this, but just act like she never existed and time will heal your pain..hard to comprehend right now but in a while you'll find it is quite true...she doesn't sound very sure of herself so the last thing you need is to be caught up in her self doubts...

Recon stories exist in here, you just need to dig a little deeper! However i agree there's a fine line between holding out hope and moving forward with your life...anyone who talks trash about one mans hopes is out of line though, it's like...i'm secretly waiting for Natalie Portman to dump her husband and come and find me...not at all likely, but i can hope...but at the same time i'm not putting anything on hold on the off chance she finally wakes up to herself! ;)

You know what, despite what a lot of people on here say, I seem to see quite a lot of posts where someone has been dumped because the dumper is getting back with their ex...

• Author

I don't see how lying to ourselves for a day will help anything for either of us, and as much as I care about you I am not about to do that to myself. I hope you're happy with your decision and new life but I am not going to be a part of it."

So should i tell her that next period?

Amelie1980
You know what, despite what a lot of people on here say, I seem to see quite a lot of posts where someone has been dumped because the dumper is getting back with their ex...

I just don't get it either.

travelonic
I dont know about anyone else, but this is one thing about relationships and this site that confounds the hell out of me. You never hear any stories of people getting dumped getting back together. Its all over ..Period.. If you hang around here a while you realize that reconciliations do not exist..

Y

I dunno where you have been readin'. :p

I'd take overly pessimistic comments here - and ones disguised as realistic that are unrealistically pessimistic - with a grain of salt anyways. :laugh:

Then you read stories like this or "he texted his ex" or "she slept with the ex"..etc...Then I just scratch my head...huh??

TFY

lol, yeah that is exactly what I meant by my post, I didn't even see your post until just now.

thefooloftheyear
I dunno where you have been readin'. :p

I'd take overly pessimistic comments here - and ones disguised as realistic that are unrealistically pessimistic - with a grain of salt anyways. :laugh:

That may be true...

But I have been lurking around here for 6 months or so and I cant recall a single time where someone proclaimed "she begged me to take her back!!':laugh:

TFY

travelonic
That may be true...

But I have been lurking around here for 6 months or so and I cant recall a single time where someone proclaimed "she begged me to take her back!!':laugh:

Aye, but "she begged me to take her back" is not the only form attempted, or wanted reunion/reconciliation could take, now is it? :laugh:

TFY

bc those that do get back together end up right back where they started ;) often times people break up for a reason and that never seems to go away.

I have recently been dating this girl. We didn't date long, but it just felt right, haha. Well i found out that she kept talking to her ex while she and I were dating, and one day while they were texting, she told him that she loved him. and i got the screenshot as well. But anyway the day i found that out i broke up with her. She came back to me the next day and all was fine because she said she was gonna do everything she can to make him stop. Well one of my friends told me to not treat her the same way i did until she completely gets over her ex and she stops talking to him. Well she said i completely changed and i pretty much did, but then she canceled prom with me and said that it would be best if she and i never spoke again. When this happened i went into shock. A friend of mine told me to tell her that i was taking someone else to make her jealous and make her go with me... well that didn't work out. She got all mad at me and wouldn't talk to me.

I wrote her a letter on my feelings and then convinced her to go to prom with me, but she said only as friends. and she then texted me saying that she and I won't ever be more than friends. That just killed me inside. Well my friends have told me to do the No Contact rule, but how can I if we have class together and Prom is this Friday, and we still have things to plan for it.

I've also seen her walk and talk with her ex (who basically treated her like ****) And it kills me to see them together. I treat her as a friend now though. I don't talk to her much only after class and strictly about prom, I don't hug her anymore, and I don't even text her. But i have noticed her looking at me during class at times, but hey she might just be looking through me. And when i do see her with her ex i just ignore it and act like nothing is happening.

I'm really thinking about canceling prom, but its in a few days, and her friends already made reservations for us and them for a restaurant. I don't want to look stupid either, or look mean. I remember telling her that i didn;t want to be a rebound, and she told me that i wasn't, she in fact told me that she wanted to be with me for a long time. I feel like i was used. I feel as if she was the one who dumped me.I just don't know how it all happened, once we are happy together and the next I am hurt. I really don't know what to do, but what i do know is that I want her back. Any advise please.

don't let this chick ruiin your prom. it's going to happen if you go with her. i hate saying it, but it's true. we're all telling you that you're young and you'll get over this and realize it's dumb...but seriously, DON'T LET HER RUIN YOUR PROM.

travelonic
bc those that do get back together end up right back where they started ;)

Sometimes. Not always.

The key is if the two really work on the problems that threw things off or not - and those that go back to where they started either didn't want to, or had trouble doing that.

often times people break up for a reason and that never seems to go away.

You mean there is such a thing as breaking up for no reason at all - none whatsoever, not even an illegitimate one? :p [just screwing around, of course :D ]

• Author

Hey guys! thanks for all the advise but i hate to say it, that i had to go to prom with her!! When i canceled she kept texting me on how we were gonna have a good time, but i kept rejecting her. I kept telling her that it would hurt me to go with her but she didnt stop. And on the day of prom she told the prom organizer of what i was doing. And for some reason they told my ex that if i didnt go then they would still her in. SO on that same day i got called to the office with her and the organizer told me to just be man and and take her. So i had too! I was just gonna meet her at the door and let her in but her and her friend somehow convinced me to go to dinner with them and take pictures. And when we were driving to prom she told me this " Hey is it ok if i'm with you at prom the whole time?" and just with that she gave me hopes again. and at dinner she told " So are we gonna dance together tonight?" which also gave me hopes. She was also flirting with me in a way, by touching my radio while i kept telling her not to! (and yes it mad me hold her hand out of the way, but i also took it as holding hands) Well we get there and we dance the first song we hear which is a slow song. And one of her friends had a date, but she left him so he was third wheeling a lot. And idk i just got upset and left. she was then grinding on him and i got angry. cause then when i would dance with her she never got that close. When i would dance with her (not slow songs) she would always face her friends direction. Also when i was alone i would take a glimpse of her once in a while and she would nod at me to go over there! in my mind i was like hey if you want me to go there come get me! SO my prom was ruined. I also talked to her about us after prom and she said she just wants to be friends, and i told her 'again' that i can't have that and that i care to much to be just friends. well at the end when she left with her friend she hugged me and said "I'll talk to you later" and i said really and she said yes. well to this day since friday she hasn't contacted me at all. But when i was at a party yesterday. One of her exes called me out and complained on why i didnt do anything to my friend who called her a *****. And she texted my sister yesterday trying to find out which one her friends was texting her telling her that they stole her prom date (me). I honestly don't know what is going on!! Like idk why she cares about finding out who called her that, and who texted her, when she just wants to be friends. Can anyone tell me why lol, like i hate feeling this way especially because idk what is happening and why?

Hey guys! thanks for all the advise but i hate to say it, that i had to go to prom with her!! When i canceled she kept texting me on how we were gonna have a good time, but i kept rejecting her. I kept telling her that it would hurt me to go with her but she didnt stop. And on the day of prom she told the prom organizer of what i was doing. And for some reason they told my ex that if i didnt go then they would still her in. SO on that same day i got called to the office with her and the organizer told me to just be man and and take her. So i had too! I was just gonna meet her at the door and let her in but her and her friend somehow convinced me to go to dinner with them and take pictures. And when we were driving to prom she told me this " Hey is it ok if i'm with you at prom the whole time?" and just with that she gave me hopes again. and at dinner she told " So are we gonna dance together tonight?" which also gave me hopes. She was also flirting with me in a way, by touching my radio while i kept telling her not to! (and yes it mad me hold her hand out of the way, but i also took it as holding hands) Well we get there and we dance the first song we hear which is a slow song. And one of her friends had a date, but she left him so he was third wheeling a lot. And idk i just got upset and left. she was then grinding on him and i got angry. cause then when i would dance with her she never got that close. When i would dance with her (not slow songs) she would always face her friends direction. Also when i was alone i would take a glimpse of her once in a while and she would nod at me to go over there! in my mind i was like hey if you want me to go there come get me! SO my prom was ruined. I also talked to her about us after prom and she said she just wants to be friends, and i told her 'again' that i can't have that and that i care to much to be just friends. well at the end when she left with her friend she hugged me and said "I'll talk to you later" and i said really and she said yes. well to this day since friday she hasn't contacted me at all. But when i was at a party yesterday. One of her exes called me out and complained on why i didnt do anything to my friend who called her a *****. And she texted my sister yesterday trying to find out which one her friends was texting her telling her that they stole her prom date (me). I honestly don't know what is going on!! Like idk why she cares about finding out who called her that, and who texted her, when she just wants to be friends. Can anyone tell me why lol, like i hate feeling this way especially because idk what is happening and why?

she's a ridiculous drama queen, and as we've told you before, she doesn't want you, she just wants to know that you're dangling on a string following her every move. stop speaking to her, block her on facebook, block her number, stop talking to her friends...cut her out of your life. this isn't going to work out for you AT ALL if you keep on this path.

she's telling you very clearly that she wants to be "friends" and that's IT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey you guys! I haven't had any contact with her since my last post.But would anyone happen to know why every time she looks at me she looks mad at me. She gave me the b**** look yesterday lol. and today i caught her staring at me. Now I'm like what the heck! She is also looking at my friends with an attitude now. I know the best thing for me is to move on and I'm trying and I'm loving it, but why is she acting like that. is it because i neglected her friendship?