I did that thing you're not supposed to...

I met up with my ex at his house. Told him what I think went wrong, what I want to different, how I want to change etc. and that I want to try again.

He said he was sorry, but doesn't want to go down that road again.

But... I felt better after doing it. That was on Thursday. At least I was able to ge everything out. We still work together, quite closely, and things are easier at work since then too!

I still love him. And miss him. I still think we could be great together. But I accept that he doesn't want to be with me.

I went into the conversation expecting it to turn out exactly as it did. But I feel better.

• Like 1

I'm glad you feel better. Sometimes knowing makes it easier to move on. You'll have some ups and downs but you'll be fine.

Embrace the feelings, and the ups and downs, and go forward. You'll learn from this and be stronger.

lonewalker

I think it is important to discuss abiut what u feel before a nc rule. Thus makes moving on much faster. Becoz it will remove all the what ifs. Now u got a closure and he didnt want to try it again, it takes two hands to clap but only one to stop clapping.

In a relationship it takes two person to consent and only one to end it.

• Author

Well, we have been broken up about 10 weeks. And it's not possible to even do NC unless I find another job. But it's been better the past few days!