Why would my ex girlfriend want to remain friends with my best friends?

Alltheabove1212

My ex and I have been broken up for about 2 months now. She started dating this other guy about 2 weeks ago. We did no contact straight from the break up. I don't really have a desire to be friends with her. Last night I didn't really acknowledge her and tried to have fun at the party we were at.

She's done this before, but she still tries to be friends with my friends. She asked my best friend to dance with her once two weeks ago and once last night. Also she tried to add him on snapchat. He's been good about just like ignoring it. I don't know why she does this. I was friends with her friends before I met her, but she met my friends through me.

Why is she trying so hard to be friends with my best friends when we don't even talk to each other? Like there is still tension whenever we're in the same room but it's annoying because as of lately I've been pretty good about wanting to move on.

She is trying to keep herself in your life. Are your friends inviting her out? If so, why?

If I knew my ex was going to be at an event, I just wouldn't go.

My ex HATED one of my best friends... She broke up with me and text him on his birthday to wish him a happy bday 2 months later. It really pissed me off. I have no clue why they do that. I told her to knock it off and that there was no reason for her to contact my friends.

TearyEyedPride

I'm just assuming because I don't know the whole story, but it seems like it's to get a rise or some sort of attention from you. You're doing great with ignoring her, and kudos to your bestfriend too. It's just a petty way to stay involved in what you're doing and trying to pull your strings. Keep doing what you're doing and not giving her the satisfaction. It irks her, and if she's smart eventually she'll stop.

I agree, she is just being immature and trying to get a reaction out of you. Even though she doesn't wan't to be with you she wants the satisfaction of making you jealous and still WANTS you to want her. She sounds petty and you are better off. Next time I'd just be super nice to her and go dance with some other girl.

you are hanging out with her in social situations. you're hasically telling her you are totally fine seeing her and being around her. shes being friends with the people she is AROUND, which apparently is YOU and your friends. stop inviting her out and she wont have a reason to talk to your friends.

• Like 1