a question for rebounders.

just out of curiosity .

I was talking to my friend yesterday and he brought my ex up in conversation. He told me she doesn't really hang out with her friends anymore, just completely abandoned everyone, her old friends are really nice to me lately they keep inviting me out and buying me drinks.. even her ex boyfriend bought me a drink the other night. everybody is being really good to me.. they all keep telling me how they're tired of her constantly uploading photos on facebook of herself with her new boyfriend... it seems like they've only been together a month but they're madly in love, spending all their time in the world together... I've completely blocked all communication with either of them , I can't see a thing and I don't want to.

I've never really jumped straight into a relationship a month or two after a break up, so I don't know how these things work.

Lately I've had a lot of attention off of girls and my friends are mad at me because I could easily take them home ( they are literally drunk and all over me) but i'm just not interested at the moment at all.. I was trying to explain to my friends aswell, as nice as these girls look, I feel like my ex was better looking, and it's just how I live my life but I always want to improve on looks and personality. I don't want to take a step back and date a drunken club going girl who isn't half as good looking.

i'm just taking my time and trying to improve myself at the moment. so a rebound sounds like the worst idea possible.. but my ex seems so in love and happy. is this a case or do most rebounds burn out fast ? I suppose there's no yes and no answers and these things all happen differently, I guess there's no harm in dating somebody new right away if you hate to be alone ?

bluecrabroll

It seems like you have a good personality and you are well aware of your feelings. Rebounding will only help fill the void but do you really want to lead another person on and hurt them? If you still have feelings for another person I would recommend against it. Work on yourself and get over her first so you don't bring in old baggage with a new relationship.

Meeting new people and dating I think should be fine, starting a relationship is not. Occupy your time with friends, new friends and family.

Think it's very 50/50 some say you can't really get over your ex till u meet someone new but others say don't date till you are over her .

I don't think you should be opposed to it .

If there is an attraction to any of the girls your chatting with

I don't see any harm in meeting up or hanging out a little ?

Maybe you make a new friend or maybe they open your mind .

Who knows ?

Are you at a loose end much at home

Have a lot of time on your hands ?

If you do then I'd say sure get yourself out there and test the water

Nothing major just some fun and good laughs !

Regards rebounds who knows they don't normally last once the honeymoon period is over . But the only thing mindful with rebounds is doesnt mean they rebound back to you either .. They could just move onto another rebound!

• Author

yeah everybody talks of a honey moon period with rebounds it seems to be a trend.. I'm doing good on my own, passing exams, doing well at work, making tonnes of new good friends, the kind of friends I've always wanted. i'm always busy. it's great.

I guess if the right girl comes along i'm not going to turn her down. I've just lost interest in romance at the moment, I can't imagine wanting a long term relationship for a while like my ex did.

We have been broken up just over 3 months and she's been with him for a month or so. she seems obsessed with him by the way people talk about her. I didn't know if this was common behaviour or if anybody could relate?

I'm really fine about it, im just confused as to why, I really don't want a relationship right now in my life and she seems really in love with a new guy already ? we've gone like opposites. I suppose it doesn't really matter it's just like I said curiosity as to why I don't feel the desperate need for a relationship right now and I was wondering if that's not normal ? i'm wondering if i'm subconsciously afraid of going through what I went through before? it sounds silly but I've just lost all interest in romance like I said, i'm rejecting girls that seem really attractive because they don't seem so attractive to me ? just sort of easy and dirty.. they're probably not that way at all. I can't explain.

• Like 1