Another Friday....

Well guys we made it through another week and here comes the worst part!!! The weekend!!! What is everyone doing to keep busy this weekend? Is it just me or is it much harder to keep Nc on the weekend?!

Haha my thoughts exactly.

Well tomorrow I'm helping a coworker paint a store her and her husband are opening up. (Child care place) and going out that night with a couple of guys... I have no plans for tonight though, so I'm sure tonight will be pretty tough.

I'm a month and 6 days from my BU, but I had contact 6 days ago where I thought I was going to win her back but no such luck. So to me it feels like we just broke up less than a week ago.

I think Sundays tend to be super hard because theres no nightlife involved. I'm looking into things I can sign up for to fill my time.

Oh and did I mention I live a block from my ex and I drive by her apartment (it overlooks the street) anytime I go out... haha oh man.

Best of luck!

• Author

Yuck man! I'm sorry that has to be rough livin that close!!! What happened to make you think you were going to win her back? We're you feeling good before the contact again? Iv been thinking about saying something but can't eff myself over and fall back to where I was a while ago.

I feel ya :( I'm 6 weeks post BU and 3 weeks NC . Friday is the worst for me cause it used to be are fun night. Instead I'm sitting at home laying on my couch watching Basic Instinct while I miss her horribly and for all I know she is living it up getting drunk at a bar and making out with some other dude? I so want to break NC and tell her I need her

imconfused101

I know weekend is the hardest part. I broke up with my ex last year in the spring and Last summer was the hardest time for me as we used to travel and go to beaches a lot. We went out almost every weekend. Now, the weather is just getting better again and the feeling of missing him kinda come back to me a bit but i'm fine.

First I don't know in which states that you all live. I live in NYC, there are so many things to do here, although it's not fun to do it alone. From my last year experience these all I did:

On friday:

- I try to work long hours (i have so much to do anyway, but no one wants to stay in office late on friday, right)

- I try to hang out with my other friends for happy hours, dinners, movie or social events, and rock climbing.

- Sometimes, i just go to gym then go to grocery store, experiment on new stuff for dinner and watching some tv shows until late.(im an ok cook but I like to do it)

-Or I will go to a crowded restaurant where the atmosphere is not romantic at all and It's ok to eat alone. ( I travel a lot for work, so I get used to eat alone in restaurant) it makes me feel very independent. and people in NY dont judge.

Saturday:

- i wake up and go to run, i'm a runner so I like to do it a lot. (trust me, exercising make you feel better, look better, and boost your confidence) for me I train better.

- if my friends available for brunch I will do that. Then, I will do my errands like checking stores just for fun. I like to check on new stuff for my apartment, buying/trying new clothes, another grocery shopping, something new in museums, walking around city until I get tired.

- There are so many volunteers events that I can participate as well.

- at night , I always go out with friends or just watching movies home and eating snacks.

The point is that, you need to make yourself to feel good. Don't worry about what other may people think. I know it's hard, sometimes It makes me think like, it could have been fun if we were still together and doing it together.

also, this is to proof that you can still live independently and happy without your ex.

hope it helps...

Yuck man! I'm sorry that has to be rough livin that close!!! What happened to make you think you were going to win her back? We're you feeling good before the contact again? Iv been thinking about saying something but can't eff myself over and fall back to where I was a while ago.

Well we had been e-mailing/texting back and forth because we still had a lease together from our last place. She was making jokes and being friendly over text and because of our history (3 yrs together, and I moved from Texas to Seattle with her a year ago...) I felt that I had a fighting chance. Now I feel that she was checked out completely long before the breakup. (If you want the details of my story: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/388840-sharing-my-story )

But anyways... I would advise against reaching out to the dumper unless you have something that tells you that they want to reconcile.

Good luck.