Break up text

Just received this.....

"I've thought a lot about things over the last couple of weeks. I like you a lot but its not enough. You feel more for me and its not fair for me to carry to carry on and let you think everything is fine when it's not. I wanted to say it in person but its too hard. As I write this I have tears streaming down my face and I know I wouldn't have been able to get the words out had you been here. Please don't think you have done anything wrong cos you haven't. We've had a great time together but it's not fair on either of us to carry on when one of us isn't feeling the same way. I'm so sorry. I hope we can be friends but ill understand if you can't right now or if you don't want to keep in touch at all."

Do I reply or straight to NC? Is it wrong i feel a bit of relief???

Lol if u feel relief then that's a tell tale sign.

Sorry you got that text.

You have two options.

NC.

OR

be ignorant and reply " oh thank god I was gonna send you same thing!"

Personally..id respond with a " :) "

And do not answer another text.

Watch the roles flip...it'll be a riot.

Good luck.

• Like 5

To have the feeling of relief suggests it’s better off ending now rather than moving and potentially making you both more and more unhappy.

If I had received that text I would simply reply ‘I understand and respect what you have said and appreciate that it wasn’t easy to say. Thank you for letting me know’. It may sound a little emotionless but at the same time you can say that you were at least civil with the breakup. After that reply I would enter NC

• Like 2

How long were you together?

Because getting a text break-up is cowardly. "Tears streaming down my face" -- apparently you don't deserve to see her sadness and she'd rather not see yours.

You can read my tale of getting a Facebook brush-off which sent me into NC immediately and I'm on day 45, getting better all the time.

Anybody who TEXTS you a break-up should get NO RESPONSE.

That's your way of walking away with self-respect. And that person is not somebody who would be good for you anyway.

Infnitysign

your reply should be

" I feel the same way you do, but havent told you yet. I believe this is for the best, I do hope we can be friends"

then straight to NC

This will turn her world upside down wondering why you're not crushed by the break up.

youngnlove89

Do I reply or straight to NC? Is it wrong i feel a bit of relief???

You should put in as much effort as he did for you, which means DO NOTHING.

No contact all the way, I guarantee you he will go crazy and wonder why it didn't effect you enough to respond.

What a jerk. Tears streaming down his face? Bull.

• Like 1

And NC should make her step up, call to meet with you at least, if you even want that. Likely she won't, but she will contact you again. Radio silence.

You should put in as much effort as he did for you, which means DO NOTHING.

No contact all the way, I guarantee you he will go crazy and wonder why it didn't effect you enough to respond.

What a jerk. Tears streaming down his face? Bull.

I agree with this. The fact that your SO didn't even bother to meet you face to face is very telling in terms of how much he/she respects you and your feelings.

Breaking up through text message is cowardly. You deserve better than this person. Honestly I wouldn't even respond but the choice is yours.

• Author

I text what renard had suggested before everyone else advised. I waited a few hours before replying and I have not heard anything since. NC will be easy for me now I know it's not a break anymore....it's just the pain of missing someone and not having someone around you spent a year with. Ill stick with NC and if she ever gets back to me I'll see how I feel...I'm giving it two months before I'm back to normal again :D

Edited by cjo1978
Spelling mistake of other members name

I'm at the month and half point of NC and I feel like I crossed the threshold last week -- the past is starting to feel like a hazy dream. NC will do that.

And just keep reminding yourself how she ended things. That will keep you NC.