Is this a normal thing or am I fooling myself?

seahawker64

So the ex and I broke up roughly 2 1/2 months ago. Ran into each at the market twice but since then I have been complete NC for I think about 30 days. I went thru the real lows and am past that now I know for certain. Today though a different feeling came over me and it was a "I could give a flying f*** "about her now. Is this normal? It feels like I should still be really bummed about our break up and while I still feel some sadness I also have this other thing where I really could care less now. Kinda confusing, Anyones thoughts?

So the ex and I broke up roughly 2 1/2 months ago. Ran into each at the market twice but since then I have been complete NC for I think about 30 days. I went thru the real lows and am past that now I know for certain. Today though a different feeling came over me and it was a "I could give a flying f*** "about her now. Is this normal? It feels like I should still be really bummed about our break up and while I still feel some sadness I also have this other thing where I really could care less now. Kinda confusing, Anyones thoughts?

Who broke up with who? if ur the dumpee then it is good sign for you that u moving on. Breaking up is hurt, especially to the dumpee but if you can move on that fast without feeling massively sad then its good for ya!:cool:

Everyone is different... And I guess it depends on how long you were with her for and how much you loved her. I was with one guy for only like ONE Semester of college if even that, but when he broke up with me at the end of the school year. I couldn't eat or sleep for about a year and a half. Go figure.. But I knew one ex for years, because we were best friends. Then dated for a year. He broke up with me. I cried for about 2 weeks. Then got over it. Lol. My ex now.. We've been through sooooooooooo much. And now that we just broke up again like 2 hours ago. I just want him OUT of my life. Stupid bastard thinks I don't deserve an anniversary dinner or a birthday present, but he can spend hundreds on weed? I'm through with him thank you very much.

• Author
seahawker64

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was the broken up with. We had been together on and off 2 1/2 years. I felt like I did go thru some intense sadness for the first month. Lost 22 Lbs. of weight, couldn't focus or concentrate on anything. I was a mess. Then all the sudden it felt like my attitude changed so I am really not sure what I'm feeling now. I can only believe it's because it's because of the strict NC I am adhering too. I am just not sure.

What you're going through is completely normal. It's called the rollercoaster of emotions. It's an actual thing. You hit highs and lows with your emotional state after a break up (and this also includes peroids of indifference). Most everyone goes on this coaster ride.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if you end up being mad as hell, or sad, or happy, or crying.....just part of the ride.

• Author
seahawker64
What you're going through is completely normal. It's called the rollercoaster of emotions. It's an actual thing. You hit highs and lows with your emotional state after a break up (and this also includes peroids of indifference). Most everyone goes on this coaster ride.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if you end up being mad as hell, or sad, or happy, or crying.....just part of the ride.

So I have that to look forward too? Greaaaaaat!!!!! lol.